• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print to PDF poorly embeds text

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this when I print to PDF. That's me trying to select some text in the PDF file. Likewise, search does not work (words that are visible are never found). I've tried this with plenty of web pages and even when it really is text (as opposed to an image of text), it still prints like that.

printtopdf.gif

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing to PDF is not the best way to create PDF files. I would use Acrobat's "File>Create>PDF From Web Page..." method to convert a web page (or an HTML file) to PDF. Does that give you better results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do get better results with it, but I want to be able to print from Chrome. I've never had this problem with any other computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Chrome's own PDF generator? In that case, you would have to work with their developers to get this figured out. From within Chrome, you can also use Acrobat's "Create PDF" toolbar: Enable Create PDF extension for Google Chrome, Adobe Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now when it prints, it prints correctly. However, some pages generate blank, like this page: Adobe Acrobat extension for Google Chrome

I just get a blank white page when I use the generate PDF button. If I PRINT to PDF, I see the whole page, but with the errors I mentioned before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines