• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to return a raw image back to original state after processing and exporting

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have a photo which I shot in RAW and processed with another photo program. I did a lousy job of processing it and want to re-do it on Light Room, but don't know how to return it to its original state, if it can be done at all. I didn't keep the original photo on my SD card.

Appreciate any advice

Thanks.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Assuming you are talking about the new Lightroom CC (the cloud-based Lightroom), when you are in the edit mode there is an… At the bottom of the edit menu. When you click on that there is an option to revert to original.

If you're talking about Lightroom Classic CC or an older version of Lightroom, when you are in the Develop mode there is a Reset button beneath the panels on the right-hand side of your monitor. Clicking that reset button will restore the image to the default settings established

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Lightroom CC — The cloud-based photo service​ community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming you are talking about the new Lightroom CC (the cloud-based Lightroom), when you are in the edit mode there is an… At the bottom of the edit menu. When you click on that there is an option to revert to original.

If you're talking about Lightroom Classic CC or an older version of Lightroom, when you are in the Develop mode there is a Reset button beneath the panels on the right-hand side of your monitor. Clicking that reset button will restore the image to the default settings established in Lightroom. This doesn't necessarily mean the image will be as it was in the camera. But it will be restored to what it was when it was first imported to Lightroom. Lightroom always applies certain camera defaults to an image. Those defaults can be changed by the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines