• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not Responding / Out of Memory PLZ HHEELLPP

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to lose my mind.  I have never had trouble with this computer.  I have played all sorts of games with the settings way up.  I am new to AE and Adobe in general and am working with tutorials on Lynda.com.  I can't tell you how many time the program has crashed.  Trust me it's been dozens.

Locked Up.JPG

Here are some settings I changed and that did not seem to help.

Memory.JPG

I was told recently to buy a Mac and all my problems will go away.  Have you seen how expensive those are?! OUCH, not can do!

Grafics card 2.JPG

Grafics card 1.JPG

Please help me!  I would be so grateful if someone could make this system work with AE 2018.

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Dolly.mov seems a long movie. Is it a sample movie for learning? If you do not need to stick to using the movie, I would recommend you use shorter movies to avoid the shortage of the memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not long.  It is when I am trying to delete points for 3D tracking that I get into problems.  This is a good computer and Adobe shows that I should be able to run AE just fine.  What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Task Manager and see if AE is really stuck (RAM maxed out, HDD bottleneck) or just calculating (CPU at 100). If it's calculating, you'll have to wait for it to finish. If you're maxed out your RAM,  my workaround would be to render out Dolly.mov to an image sequence and re-import it to do the tracking - in pieces if needed.

Also, a games machine is not a compositing machine. And a pc and a mac with the same specs will perform the same and will require the same resource planning on your part.

Wim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shorten your clip. The Camera Tracker and Warp Stabilizer requires substantial amounts of RAM to be populated with its algorithm while processing - running out of memory is likely to happen with long footage. It's also slow. It's ideal to shorten the clip to just what you really need.

Read some relevant tips here -

memory and storage tips for Warp Stabilizer and 3D Camera Tracker | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines