• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple question: Setting Photoshop CC as the default app for all PSD files (not working)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a funny glitch. I am trying to set Photoshop CC as the default app to open all PSD files on my Mac. I am setting it the proper way (through the Get Info window in the Finder, Change All, then clicking on the Continue radio button), but each time it defaults back to Photoshop CS5. If I choose another app as a test (any that shows up in the drop down window, e.g After Effects CC, Illus. CC, whatever), the "change all" selections sticks, but not with Photoshop CC. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Hi Danielg,

Sorry for the trouble setting Photoshop as the default application for PSDs on macOS. This is a known issue that we're working on currently. Please add your vote and voice to this thread to be notified of any update/fix: Photoshop CC 2018: Not default program for PSD files (macOS) | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try running Disk Utility's First Aid on the drive to fix permissions. Not positive but that would be the first thing I would try. I assume you are logged in with Read and Write permissions (visible in Get Info) since you were able to make the change with other apps, so the change should stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danielg,

Sorry for the trouble setting Photoshop as the default application for PSDs on macOS. This is a known issue that we're working on currently. Please add your vote and voice to this thread to be notified of any update/fix: Photoshop CC 2018: Not default program for PSD files (macOS) | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's Aug 8. Is there a solution yet? Yesterday a telephone technician maybe tried to do it for me or told me how to do it. But today I can't figure out how to switch from PS C6 to ps CC 2018 as my default app. Help.

Renie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines