• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I design a brochure in Photoshop or CC with Lightroom or whatever it is that I was told would do that?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What we got looks like fun, but I have work to do - now!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think indesign is what you want for brochures but you can probably do that with photoshop, too.

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Photoshop]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s a page that lists all of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop apps with a short description of what each is for. Adobe creative desktop apps | Adobe Creative Cloud

InDesign is for page layout, Photoshop for photo editing, and Lightroom to edit, organize and store images. Of course every app can do more than it’s primary function but this will at least point you in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could design a brochure in Photoshop but it would be tedious, time consuming, and probably frustrating because that is not Photoshop's strength. You would be much better off doing the brochure with InDesign. Any time that you take to learn InDesignwill be well worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add, while the brochure is designed in InDesign, the photos are prepared in Photoshop. Illustrations are made in Illustrator. Pros use all three to do their work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your responses. I have double checked, and we bought Adobe Creative Cloud with Lightroom CC. Theresa, you gave me the page with the list of apps. Are you saying that I can just download the others that I need from this page? Do they come with Creative Cloud? That is what confuses me the most. I was beginning to figure out that I really needed InDesign to make a brochure, but I don't know if that is part of what we bought. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you joined the Photography Plan for $9.99/month, which includes PS, LR CC & LR Classic only. 

ID would cost an additional $19.99/month.

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Log- in to your Adobe account with your user ID (email) and password to find out exactly what you purchased.  See link below.

https://accounts.adobe.com/

I have created brochures in Photoshop but it's not ideal.  IMO, Illustrator or InDesign are much better for printed projects.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Photography plan comes with Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC and Photoshop. The full Creative Cloud subscription gives you all of the apps. Use the Creative Cloud desktop application to manage your app installations. After you log into your subscrip the CC desktop app will show you what you can download and use. Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are different plans. If you’re paying $50 or more a month, or have a student plan, you can use any of the apps.  Less, and your plan gives you specific apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines