Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saved Tutorial Library Not Showing Up in My Libraries

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

So I really want to follow along with the Adobe Muse tutorial for 'Designing Your First Webpage'.

This is the link to the tutorial page:

Create a responsive website |

Then, from there, I follow this link to access the project library containing the assets that will be used during the tutorial.

Adobe Creative Cloud

I click on 'Save', and shortly I get a green message box telling me that the library has been saved to my creative cloud library and will be accessible across my devices. However, when I go back into Muse to proceed with the tutorial, this library is nowhere to be found. I can see all my existing libraries except that one. My sync is on and library sync is up to date, according to the Adobe CC application.

I am also unable to see this library when I visit the web page for my CC libraries and assets.

So it seems like I have not downloaded the library after all, even though I get a success message. I have tried this numerous times and have talked to an Adobe support consultant via chat, whom suggested numerous things including turning off my firewall. It feels like I have tried everything and nothing works. I'm really keen to do this tutorial so this is very frustrating.

I have a full Adobe CC subscription so there is no reason why I should not be able to access the tutorial library.

Any help will be so welcome.

Kind regards,

Lea

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

I had a reply to my direct message, that the problem is known and they're working on it. I did ask if they could share the files directly, but they can't. There is a tutorial on lynda.com, by an Adobe dev, but it costs, and I find that a bit rich.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Apparent success saving to my library, no sign of the files anywhere, online or offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I downloaded 2017 version of Muse and it worked for me. Couldn't get it to work with 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try these things for me?

- Log out of creative cloud, and re-log into the CC desktop App

- Open Adobe Muse

- In the CC libraries panel, click the Creative Cloud icon at the bottom of the panel to sync libraries.

- In the Menu section, look for the downloaded Responsive Web Design library

cc_library.png

I tried using the latest version of Adobe Muse, and it worked for me. It took around 10 minutes for the library to be reflected.

If you are still having issues, see this document for additional troubleshooting

Error: "Unable to sync files" to the Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have already tried everything you suggested multiple times. It does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly are getting saved?

Please share a screenshot of both your CC web folder and Muse CC Libraries panel.

Above is where they should be.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They aren't getting saved anywhere. The download page says "Saved" and that's it. Nada. No saved files. CC library contains my existing libraries, Muse knows the images exit because it plugs them into the tutorial files appropriately, but there is no library in Muse either, and the links are broken, just like they would be in InDesign if l moved the files on your PC. Except I can't relink them, because they aren't available anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for your reply.

I am attaching my screenshots as requested - here you can see that all my other created libraries are present, except this one I'm looking for in the case of the tutorial.

I would like to stress that I have been using Adobe CC as a professional for quite some time and am familiar with the interface -  this is the first time that something like this has happened.

I have a mobile workstation running Windows 10 Pro and a desktop rig running Windows 8.1 Pro and I have the same problem on both systems.

cc-problem-screenshot-a.pngcc-problem-screenshot-b.pngcc-problem-screenshot-1.pngcc-problem-screenshot-2.pngcc-problem-screenshot-3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am out of ideas. Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with the URL of this post over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. I will raise a support ticket with the team. You can also get in touch with the team directly using Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution to this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately not.

My first support ticket yielded no results even with support chat, and the second ticket created by Preran has not been replied to yet.

I started the tutorial without the assets now. Figured the assets will make the tutorial quicker, but I'm determined to learn the software with or without the assets library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a reply to my direct message, that the problem is known and they're working on it. I did ask if they could share the files directly, but they can't. There is a tutorial on lynda.com, by an Adobe dev, but it costs, and I find that a bit rich.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Nope, doesn't work for me, either. It's a new install of Muse, and my libraries are syncing fine. Have uninstalled and reinstalled CC, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? Talk about wasting time... you start something all excited and then get stumped by something as pathetic as this! Come on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don’t need the asset files. Just read my answer here: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9987024#9987024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only it was as simple as that... as usual what should be a straightforward tutorial gets messy because of errors:

crap-tutorial.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you seem to be addressing a different issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t think so. I’d rather assume, you didn’t read exactly enough! (Sorry, if I am not right!)

Follow these steps:

1. Go to this site: starter-files​ and click onto the link „Responsive Web Design Starter Files“. The .muse project files are downloaded into your download folder, packed in a „zip“ file.
  2. Double click the „responsive-web-design.zip“ file, to obtain the .muse project files.
  3. Open the first of these files.
  4. Ignore all „Missing Files“ warnings or other alerts. They only tell you, that the original files aren’t at their original place. But, since Muse stores the needed files in the needed size within its file, it’s nothing lost!
  5. Go to menu „File/Export to HTML …“ and ignore the warnings again.
  6. Choose and/or define a storage path.
  7. Muse now exports all HTML, CSS, JavaScript and asset files.
  8. Go to the exported folder „images“, and – voilà – here are the files you are looking for:
    Screen.jpg
  9. Now, open Muses’s „Assets“ panel, right click onto every asset entry, choose „Relink“ and assign the files, you find in the „images“ folder.
  10. Do the same with all other .muse project files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Gunter, but this is not working ... thanks for the help. Rather silly that something as simple as downloading files for a tutorial should be this difficult!

Adobe should remove the tutorial until they can sort the mess out with the files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working? I tried it the third time now and – it works. But if you think it doesn’t, ok.

Additionally: If would be very helpful, if you tell us, what didn’t help, instead of simply stating „This is not working“.

Which of my steps gave you a wrong/unexpected result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, so it extracts all the jpg, svg, gif and png files, fine, but it doesn't provide the mu files that are referred to and used in the tutorial.

The extracted files are:

muse export.JPG

Whilst in the tutorial it shows:
muse tutorial 1.JPG
and

muse tutorial 2.JPG

I do understand that I will need to learn how to do this to use the program effectively, but it's a massive hurdle to basic knowledge and baby steps learning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines