• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metatags can't be loaded in Elements 18

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After changing my PC and files the metatags I used are no longer loaded in Elements 18.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

diego220173  wrote

After changing my PC and files the metatags I used are no longer loaded in Elements 18.

Your tags are stored by default in the catalog database only. It's up to you to 'write keywords to files' if you want. In that case, you retrieve your tags when re-importing.

What is important in your case (switching computers) is to use the right process:

Move Elements Organizer catalog

Simply re-importing files is never a good solution. Even if you retrieve keywords, you don't retrieve albums, stacks, version sets, projects, the hierarchical structure of you keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With photo's imported on the new pc Elements 18 still doesn't load the metatags from Windows. Can it be that another Abode app is causing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diego220173  wrote

With photo's imported on the new pc Elements 18 still doesn't load the metatags from Windows.

Which "metatags from Windows"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Details like place, date etc that Elements 10 loaded don't load in Elements 18. I can't add fileinfo to photo's witch are imported from the camera as well. I always get the error that fileinfo can't be added or loaded because the metataglibrary can't be loaded even in a totally new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines