Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Fuji X Tethered Capture Plug-in has been removed

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I woke up this morning and tried to shoot in the studio, and my Fuji X Tethered Capture plugin was no more! I had a notification from Adobe CC that it was gone. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Hi All,

Could you please try the following and let us know if you're able to tether with your Fuji X-T1, X-T2 or GFX camera?

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Sorry that the plugin is no longer available in Lightroom. Could you please let us know the version of Lightroom you are using? Have you tried reinstalling it to see if that shows up?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

I am using the latest version of LR Classic.

In the LR plug-in manages it says " The plugin is malfunctioning and cannot be used."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fujifilm thether plugin also stop working. I have latest version of LR CC classic and see in plugin manager that "The plugin is malfunctioning and cannot be used". Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a workaround for the problem posted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's all very well, but I paid $79 only a month ago to make use of the full set of options in Tether Pro!

Lightroom just unilaterally removed it, and it seems Fuji blame Adobe, and Adobe blame Fuji.  From what I can see, the X-pro2 has been removed from the list of compatible cameras.

What's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hught82974891,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. Lightroom Classic CC is not shipped with the tethering support for Fuji cameras, so a plugin is required to communicate with the camera. If the app no longer tether with your Fuji camera after the update, please reinstall the plugin from manufacturer's website.

I've found helpful instructions on Fujifilm website FUJIFILM Tether Plug-in PRO -Purchase and Install | X Stories | FUJIFILM X

Plugin/Firmware updates can be found here: Tethered Capture Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.7 (Windows / Mac) | Fujifilm Global

Let us know if you're able reinstall the plugin. You may reach out to the camera manufacturer in case you need camera specific tether plugin information.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin and no, it still doesn't work.  In fact Lightroom has completely removed it from the applicationsupport/adobe/lightroom directory. 

Lightroom says "there is a problem installing".  It no longer shows up in the Plugin Manager in Lightroom either.  The current version of the plugin I'm running is 1.7 (the latest), and it's the PRO plugin, not the free one (hence why I'm bothered about $79). 

My set up is a MacBook Pro (2016) running 10.13.3.  My X-Pro2 is running firmware 4.01.  I purchased the plugin on 14th Feb and it's been running for nearly a month trouble free, until Lightroom decided to remove it on its own with no input from me last week.

So we're no further on, from what I can see. 

Incidentally, Akash, this page FUJIFILM Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO (Mac) doesn't mention the X-pro2 anymore at the top in the list of compatible cameras.  But halfway down the page, it does.

What's going on?  Help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I'm in the same position. I downloaded the pro version on 9th March. I started on the Fuji site and was transferred to Adobe to make the purchase. I downloaded the plug in and have had three days of aggravation going round in circles. I'm using Lightroom classic CC release 7.2, an up to data creative cloud desktop install and OS x El Capitan version 10.11.6. The plug in is shown as acquired on my creative cloud desktop. It won't load from there and all the installers recommended by Adobe for an alternative installation crash and/or return messages saying they can't get user account information for Adobe Exchange extension. I've struggled all day to actually find out where and how to contact someone at Adobe. The whole support side of things is very poor. I contacted Fuji earlier today and had no response. I'm v frustrated, have to work out how to get my money back and feel angry that they keep on selling the plug-in even though it has been withdrawn. I've also spent £50 on a tethering cable which is no use to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this is still not working. I am using the pro version of the plugin.

I have the latest LR.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

After uninstalling, it doesn't even show in the LR plugin manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash, you are the third adobe person I've spoken with today on this subject. 2 on the phone and now you. Here.

You should at least know your products you claim to support.

We paid $79 for a plug in that worked fine until YOU updated LR and now it does not work.

YOU need to figure out a fix.

YOU need to educate yourselves on the products you sell.

YOU need to refund all of our money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should not even have allowed my purchase on 9th March as the plug-in was already not being supported. How do I get my money back? Very angry about the whole business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rarely have I seen such a blatant disregard for customer care and arrogance as displayed by Adobe over this issue. It has been compounded by their inability even to keep their front line support staff apprised 

Let's hope they redeem themselves by releasing an update swiftly to fix what they have broken  Else I,  and I suspect many others,  will be moving on.

Angry of Rugby, UK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe even listining?

I think a response to the group is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That work around is helpful, thank you. However, we are still unable to use live view or camera controls while tethered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash Sharma,

We have all tried reinstalling the plugin. I have tried installing the new version of the plugin. I am now using a cumbersome and awkward workaround which is less than professional in the studio.

We are now, still, waiting for a response from Adobe that will give us a way forward. We have all paid money to Adobe for a product that is no longer working (without any notice). Can you please give us an update? Is this something that Adobe are even working on? Can we expect to resume a professional studio workflow soon?

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like for now it is not working.

As a workaround, you can download Fujifilm X acquire software.

Use that to bring the images from the camera to the computer.

Then set Lightroom up to watch the folder you are importing the images into from Fuji X acquire.

LR will then automatically import the files into LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had a same issue since yesterday and drove me crazy trying to figure out since I couldn't find any discussion forum about this issue. This morning, I just decided to reinstall the plugin via fuji website and it just started to work again. Here is a link.

"FUJIFILM Tether Plugin PRO for GFX" for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Classic CC / 6 Ver.1.7.0 (Maci...

It looks like free to download.

hope it solve your problem with this.

taka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This says GFX I have an xt-1 and xt-2 it dosen' work for those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.adobeexchange.com/creativecloud.details.16759.html

FUJIFILM Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO (Mac)

FUJIFILM Corporation

(18)

A plug-in software that enables tether shooting with FUJIFILM X-T1, X-T2 or GFX 50S. ”PRO” version is capable of operating on a computer. The LIVE VIEW is also available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this link

It doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HDL_PHOTO,

That plug in definitely does not work with the xt-2.

I know it says it does, but the new version of LR Classic is the issue that makes it uncompatable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same story here. Unable to use with my GFX for studio work, and to add more annoyance I have the $79 "PRO" version. Reinstalling does not work. I will go with the workaround of using X Acquire and a hot folder for now, but frustrating none the less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WORKAROUND STEPS:

1. Download and install FUJIFILM X ACQUIRE (Google to download it, if you don't already have it installed)

2. In LIGHTROOM select FILE, IMPORT,  AUTO IMPORT SETTINGS

3. In window that opens, check ENABLE AUTO IMPORT box and select a folder for images

4. In the X ACQUIRE menu icon (top left area of screen on a Mac), select SPECIFY DESTINATION FOLDER... and set as the same folder used in step 3

5. Plug in camera and take photos

Now Lightroom will monitor the folder, and as images come in via X ACQUIRE they will show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines