• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Shape Tool/Paths

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Photoshop CC2018.  I was doing a tutorial the other day where he used the pen tool to trace a shape and create the path.  Now when I use my custom shape tool, it creates a path every time and I end up with the blue line and all the anchor points.  How can I disable this?  Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshot, also take a look here, scroll down to the Path Options part to see if this is what you're talking about

Manage paths in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the options bar and change Path to Shape

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have it on Shape; I also expanded my path operations button to show you its on new layer.  And if I click on the paths panel, it shows the new path layer there also.  I'm not as familiar with paths, hence doing the tutorials, but I have tried and tried to figure this out.  I even reset all my preferences and did the alt + ctrl + shft + windows button at restart.  I work with a lot of custom shapes, so any info you can give me to help is much appreciated.  thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Paths panel and click in an open (unused) area

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot with my path panel.  When I click outside of the layer, it does take off the blue outline, but in the second screenshot, every time I add another shape, it puts it there by default.  How can I change the default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That path has always been there.
In the latest version changes were made to make the paths more visible. You will probably find the tutorial was using an older version where the path was much less visible. Paths were very fine and in black or white.
Remember the path does not form part of the image it is only there to enable you to adjust the shape.
You can adjust the thickness and colour of the path in the options bar

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That makes sense then.  I am new to CC2018.  I used to use the CS versions, and while I like the anchor points to make adjustments, they were just really throwing me off.  I thought I had disabled or enabled something on my computer.  Thank you very much for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines