• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search question

Enthusiast ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have files in LR CC that have for example, files names DSC00323.ARW, DSC00323-2.ARW and DSC00323-3.ARW. How do I define a search  to find all of the files with the -2 and -3? They are duplicated files that I want to remove.

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select All Photographs in the Catalog section, then use the LR filter bar, Text option, Filename option in first, left, box, Contains in second box then -2, (Comma) -3. And to narrow it down a little you can also use the Metadata filter at the same time, just click on that option in the top of the filter bar, to select only RAW files.

The only problem comes if you have files with dates in them that the date numbers are separated by the - character. But using the RAW file filter in the Metadata filter should limit that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the 'Text' section of the Filter bar at top of Library Grid and set up as shown below to find all images with -2, then repeat for -3

search.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with JustShootMe's solution aside from one adjustment: your filename text search can include the dot that separates the main filename from the file extension since that will always follow the appended numeral when these duplicates are made.

This will exclude any unwanted occurrences of "-2" or of "-3" elsewhere in the filename, e.g. as part of date text.

So your search text can be "  -2.,-3.  "  which stated in words, is "minus two dot comma minus three dot"

Alternatively you could search more particularly on " -2.arw,-3.arw ".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But using -2,-3 returns files with a 2 on the file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried with the dot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your screen shot you have ARW in the search field not -2, -3. Note that there is a space between the comma after 2 and the - (Minus sign) before 3.

On my system I do get images that have a date format in the file name (2007-2-23) but adding a . (DOT) then the File Extension of the types of files you are searching for stops that from happening.

Filter bar -2 -3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All good now and many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines