• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can i manually add photoshop to adobe extension manager?

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been searching and cant seem to find the answer that specifically pertains to my questions. I have photoshop cs6 - i downloaded a plugin that is a .zxp and requires using the extension manager to install it. Ive never used the extension manager before, and when it opens and loads - it detects other adobe products, but does not detect photoshop. Is there a way to manually add photoshop to the manager? Or is there a way to move files around so that the manager detects photoshop? I am unable to install the zxp file as it keeps telling me that photoshop was not detected on my system.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest installing the free Anastasiy's Extension Manager for Adobe platform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm i downloaded this but now no adobe products show up in anastasiys 'adobe product' window - is there any way to search for them or?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed the .zxp package?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so heres what i did so far - when i downloaded the zxp it just opened up the adobe extension manager - which didnt detect photoshop, and i got an alert saying - zxp cannot install, requires photoshop 12 or higher

so downloaded the anastasiys manager - open that up, it doesnt detect any adobe products. If i go through the manager and click install and then choose the zxp - it gives me the error "there is already an extension with that name please uninstall it" - as far as i can tell it was never actually installed, ive searched for it and there is no related files other than the zxp package

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 12 is CS5, so your copy of Photoshop _should have been_ found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anastasiy sent over a plugin fix which worked - didnt figure out the extension manager but thanks for the help all the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggested Anastasiy because the CS5 Extension Manager is no longer supported and it good to hear Anastasiy did help you out without asking for anything. I've just had good luck with his products.

So your extension is installed and working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea he got it going for me, everything is working now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

could you help me figure out which plug in Anastasiy sent you? I'm having the same issue as you and would love to figure it out. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines