• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Initial View marked as inaccessible

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I convert a document from Word that has a title set to PDF using 'Save as PDF', the resulting PDF fails the accessibility check due to the title.  The title is shown under properties->Description, but under 'Initial View', it's set to Show  File Name rather than Document Title.  This seems to be causing the accessibility failure.  There doesn't seem to be a way to set this from the Word side.  Without this, any PDF created from Word would result in an inaccessible PDF.  What am I missing?

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

This is just standard behavior in a PDF exported from Word. It includes the title in the PDF, it just doesn't set the initial view setting. A super easy fix is that when you run the Acrobat Accessibility Checker and get the error. Just right-click on the error and choose Fix. Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure you are missing anything. I usually run the accessibility checker and change the display to document title by right clicking the error in the accessibility checker and selecting "Fix".

All of my conversions to accessible pdf require remediation, so I am in the file anyway. I could see where you might want to automate if converting in bulk, but I do not have a solution for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I have resorted to, after loading a document but before running "Accessibility" is to first change the Initial View in File Properties to "Show: Document Title". While this may seem an inconvenient step, it seems to ensure that you don't start off with the "Title - Failed" error.

Unless I do this now, every single Word-sourced document I test, even those for which the "Title" was appropriately and corrected customized, will fail the default Accessibility test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apache OpenOffice.org Writer can set the "Initial View" and then "Export as PDF" with that setting.

It is also possible to use the "Action" feature of Acrobat Professional to set the Initial View for a number of files at one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is just standard behavior in a PDF exported from Word. It includes the title in the PDF, it just doesn't set the initial view setting. A super easy fix is that when you run the Acrobat Accessibility Checker and get the error. Just right-click on the error and choose Fix. Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines