• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

convert pdf to word

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe pro x 10.1.5 and i am trying to convert a pdf to word and the following comes up:

the specified file could not be written to.  it may be in use

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dominicvorv,

As per the description above, while converting a PDF file to Word, you are getting an error message "the specified file could not be written to.  it may be in use", Is that correct?

Please save all the files, close Acrobat, reboot the machine and try converting the PDF to Word, and see if this brings any difference.

You can also try saving the document to a different folder and see if the error message still comes up. If the issue persists, please check for any pending updates of Acrobat(if available) from Help>check for updates, reboot the machine and try converting the PDF file.

Note: Acrobat Pro 10 is already declared an End of support product, End of Support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support or distributes runtimes. This policy affects product and security updates for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products).

For detailed information, please refer to End of support for Acrobat X and Reader X

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AnandSri,

I am using Adobe pro and try to convert pdf to word using VBA but keep getting this error: "the specified file could not be written to.  it may be in use"... Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, same issue here, have you found a solution? I'm using the latest version of adobe pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines