Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

drop down menu Partially dissapears.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows 7, CS6

This seams/may have started after an nvidea update, but a rollback showed the problem still persisting.

If I reduce the window then up again it refeshes, problem does not always start on its own, its random. Been trying to find a fix for a month now on the web and nothing has worked. Registry refresh is on, taskmgr seams fine, did some resets in PS just in case, I dont customize PS.

Have had this problem once before long time ago, sys update got rid of it.

Thanks!

MenuCutOff-2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

I notice that clipping is in the location where the document draws. This indicates a bug in your open-gl driver (the driver incorrectly place the document view over the popup window).

Try to find an update for your video card, or turn ogg GPU in Preferences>Performance.

Jesper

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Pref Menu yes, The Ctrl/Shift/Alt has not revealed anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reset preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that clipping is in the location where the document draws. This indicates a bug in your open-gl driver (the driver incorrectly place the document view over the popup window).

Try to find an update for your video card, or turn ogg GPU in Preferences>Performance.

Jesper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched to Drawing Mode-Normal, was on advanced. Turned off PAC.

ogg ??

No Change.

tried 10 times Alt/Ctrl/Shift just now and no promps show up, takes 2 sec for PS to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched off "Use Graphics Processor" toggle, thats what you meant I believe, its working so far, see how it goes today and will report back. Nvidea drivers up to date, just have to see if theirs something specific with PS.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

neilmedhat  wrote

Nvidea drivers up to date

You may need to roll back the driver a version or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only did one update when this problem occurred, and already rolled back.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your machine is using two GPUs, see that the Nvidia control panel is switched to their one for Photoshop.

This and a few other suggestions shown here: Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks will look into that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, why im I getting messages in Asian Now?

Screenshot from 2018-03-07 16-30-32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far no more problems. Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I followed these instructions unloaded all their software/drivers and loaded the latest Nvidia drivers, reingaged PS GPU and so far all works well.

NvidiaDrivers.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines