• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conflict updating Lightroom Classic CC

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Creative Cloud for Lightroom and Photoshop. Got a notification to update Lightroom.  In error I updated Lightroom CC (which I don't use, I only use the desktop Lightroom Classic CC).  Subsequent to the LR CC update I attempted to update Lightroom Classic CC.  I keep getting this response: "Conflict updating Lightroom Classic CC please save your work and close the following programs for all logged in users, then click continue - Adobe Lightroom CC".  This is totally circular.  I can close / exit out of  LR Classic CC as many times as I choose I always end up with the conflict when I go back into "Help Updates".  So I am stuck unable to perform the latest update.  Can anyone help please?  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App to update LR Classic CC.

I also suggest you uninstall LR CC, the Cloud Centric LR, before you do the updating with the CC DTA of LR Classic CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App to update LR Classic CC.

I also suggest you uninstall LR CC, the Cloud Centric LR, before you do the updating with the CC DTA of LR Classic CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I did not need to uninstall LRCC (Cloud) but used the Creative Cloud Desk Top App to update as you suggested.  The update works without any issue on the stand-alone CCDTA.  The "equivalent" version when LR is already launched, found under "Help / Update", must be buggy.  It would be much better if Adobe made that Help / Update a pointer to the stand alone instead of active code.  Or better still, fix the code to eliminate these conflicts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason I suggested to uninstall LR CC, Cloud Centric version, was to stop any conflicts that might be created by having both programs on your system.

Not totally necessary but can get confusing using both program.

Your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes good point, considering I don't use it and I can always download it later if and when I change my mind.  I will do so.   Thanks again!.   Does Adobe Sys Dev staff  read these posts as a trigger for software fixes or should I lodge a formal bug report about the conflict resident in Help/Update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

philippev1975and9  wrote

Does Adobe Sys Dev staff  read these posts as a trigger for software fixes or should I lodge a formal bug report about the conflict resident in Help/Update?

Not really. You need to post over at this link.

Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

philippev1975and9  wrote

I keep getting this response: "Conflict updating Lightroom Classic CC please save your work and close the following programs for all logged in users, then click continue - Adobe Lightroom CC".  This is totally circular.  I can close / exit out of  LR Classic CC as many times as I choose I always end up with the conflict when I go back into "Help Updates".  So I am stuck unable to perform the latest update.  Can anyone help please?  Thank you.

It sounds like LR isn't closing properly. Restart your computer and do the update straight afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines