• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop saving images at a smaller dimension??

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just noticed that Images I've made in photoshop have been saving at a smaller dimension. For example, an image made at 6cmx3xm is saving as something nearlly half the size?! I've tried saving as a JPEG and a PNG but both are having the same issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

The true size of an image is defined in pixels, not cm. If you look at the size in cm, you have to take the resolution into account and maybe you changed that. For example: an image that is 600 pixels wide, will be 6 cm wide if the resolution is set to 100 pixels / cm. The exact same image will only be 3 cm wide if the resolution is set to 200 pixels / cm.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The true size of an image is defined in pixels, not cm. If you look at the size in cm, you have to take the resolution into account and maybe you changed that. For example: an image that is 600 pixels wide, will be 6 cm wide if the resolution is set to 100 pixels / cm. The exact same image will only be 3 cm wide if the resolution is set to 200 pixels / cm.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines