Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perspective warping image and selections

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an image and I've invested a fair amount of time selecting various parts of it (and storing the selections). Now, I realize I need to do a perspective warp of the image. Is there a way to apply the same warp to the saved selections, so that they still match the image?

Thank you,

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the saved selection as layer mask on layers and the Layer's layer mask is linked to the layers content when you transform the layers to give it some perspective the layer's layer mask should also transform.  You can load the layer's transparency as a selection and save that selection as a alpha channel selection.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I have several selections and a layer mask only contains one selection at a a time.

I experimented with recording the perspective warp as an action, but running the same action on different layers does not yield matching results. Perhaps that's because layers are different sizes, and so the coordinates stored in the action don't match between layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make this work but each transform has to be done in order, and all of the selections have to be saved as channels.

1. Transform the image.

2. Select the first saved selection in the channels panel and then use “Transform Again” (CNTRL T, or CMD T)

3. Follow the same with each additional channel that contains a saved selection.

Transform Again only works if you do it immediately after the first transform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Theresa, but Transform Again does not apply to Perspective Warps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines