• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing to PDF in MYOB using Adobe Acrobat X1 Pro

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,  I have just upgraded MYOB to the latest version 2017.2.0.  When I try to print invoices to PDF, the result is blurry and unclear text.  Even the free PDF writers do a better job than the Adobe Acrobat version I have paid for.  I have contacted MYOB support but they are saying it is an issue with my PDF writer.  When the invoices are emailed it comes out clearly - MYOB says that this is because the emailing feature uses MYOB's built in PDF writer but printing to PDF does not.  I have also tried "Sending" it to "disk" with the same blurred result.  Surely Adobe can do a better job of PDFs than MYOB.  Am I missing something here?  Going crazy trying to sort this .......... hope someone can help

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is MYOB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MYOB is a very common accounting package

Jannine

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 on the Telstra Mobile Network

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not familiar with that application, so I cannot comment on how it creates PDF files. In general, if the application does have a built-in PDF generator, you should be able to also save the PDF files directly, without the need to print to PDF. Printing to PDF usually creates lower quality PDF files because your page content first has to be converted to PostScript, and that PostScript then gets converted to PDF. Lower quality in this context has nothing to do with resolution, so that alone should not be the cause for the fuzziness you are seeing. This is usually caused by using the wrong PDF conversion settings. This is something you can select when you use the "Adobe PDF" printer. It is possible that you have the output resolution set too low. See here for more information about how to change this:

Adobe PDF conversion settings, Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines