• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro 2017 Error message Application was unable to start correctly

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPGI keep getting this error message when attempting to open .pdfs on Windows 10 computer. It was working fine and this started happening seemingly after a Windows 10 update. I have repaired the program, unchecked the Enable Protected Mode, and tried resetting defaults and I always end up with this message. It will start to act like it is going to work correctly but always ends up giving this message when trying to open a .pdf. Not sure what to do next.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Marilynw,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are not able to open a PDF file as getting an error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)", Is that correct?

Please use Adobe Cleaner tool to remove Acrobat installed Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  Reboot the machine and install Acrobat from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

If the issue persists, please create a new user account with full admin rights, install Acrobat, and try to open PDF files.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still receiving the above error code when trying to use the acrobat to open a pdf. It opened a few times without a problem but when I click on the icon for the app to open one I get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use the Acrobat under a different account with no problem so it must be a profile issue. Any suggestioins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Marilynw,

If you are able to use Acrobat in a different user account, then it seems to be an issue with the current user account. Try repairing the user profile, download and install Windows updates, and see if that brings any difference.

You may also contact the Microsoft support team.

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines