• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An error occurred while sending mail (first try)... works on second try

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My organization uses an internal Exchange server, Office 2013, and Acrobat Pro 2017.  Outlook is our default mail client.  Very frequently when clicking the envelope to send a PDF document via email we get the message "An error occurred while sending mail."  We can typically click OK and immediately try it again and it works jsut fine.

My suspicion is that Outlook is taking a bit too long to respond and Acrobat gives up.  Upon trying again Outlook is able to respond more quickly (since it's more "ready" this time because we just tried a moment ago) and it works properly.

So, I believe this may well be an Outlook problem but I need an Acrobat solution.  Is there "timeout" setting I can adjust that determines how long Acrobat waits before throwing the "An error occurred while sending mail" error message?  I want to lengthen it a bit.

Thank you

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this happen with Outlook as well (but on a Mac, I assume that you are running on Windows). On my system, it turned out that it always happened when Outlook was not running and had to be started first. If it was running, then it was able to respond within a timeframe that Acrobat was able to work with, but if it needed to be started first, it did too much "stuff" before reacting to Acrobat that Acrobat would time out. You may want to see if staring Office before you send an email will get you around this problem. There is nothing you can do on the Acrobat side to prevent this timeout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the input.  Outlook was running when the error message occurred.  I am not surprised that there isn't an option inside the UI, but am hopeful there is a Registry option or a config/ini file option for controlling this timeout period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines