• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this subhect is being discussed somewhere alse on a forum, if so please let me know.

My question is: Does LR CC and/or LR CC Classic upload the RAW files when they synchronize? When looking at the metadata in the browser LR displays the RAW file size and when you try to download this file you only can receive a JPG-file.

Thnx in advance for your answers.

Kind Regards,

Frans van Velzen

The Netherlands

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

When you synchronize from Lightroom Classic CC you are synchronizing smart previews. When you add new photos to Lightroom CC directly, you are adding the full-sized raw images. If you share those images with others, with the option to download, I believe they will only be able to download JPEG images. From the Lightroom CC desktop, if you choose the Save option, there is an option to save in the original file format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you synchronize from Lightroom Classic CC you are synchronizing smart previews. When you add new photos to Lightroom CC directly, you are adding the full-sized raw images. If you share those images with others, with the option to download, I believe they will only be able to download JPEG images. From the Lightroom CC desktop, if you choose the Save option, there is an option to save in the original file format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines