• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon EOS 6D can't tether with Lr

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I have a new laptop, just downloaded the trial version of Lr, trying to tether or set up the wi fi connection for shooting.

I have done all the steps in the how tos, it just says no camera detected, I have it plugged in with a tether cord. Restarts, turning it off and on, etc, just not detected.gives me message the

On the wi fi I enter the password for my wi fi and it just sits there

[Moved from LRCC to LR Classic - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure that you can shoot tethered in the trial version... investigating that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using the trial to see if I could use this on this laptop. You think I have to sign up and pay to find out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your laptop is new and you're running current versions of software across the board tethering shouldn't be a problem. I shoot tethered to my laptop without any issues... Nikon D810, Macbook Pro 2017, 16 GB RAM...

If you've followed the steps below and can't select your camera it is likely that this feature isn't offered in the 7-day trial version.

Steps to tether EOS 6D in to Lightroom

1. Configure the WiFi on the EOS 6D for your network environment.
  2. Set EOS Utility to start up in Remote Shooting mode.
  3. Configure the folder that the images from the EOS 6D are stored in.
  4. Configure Lightroom to Auto Import from the folder created in the step above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a card in the camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I can take it out, I took it out at one point and nothing changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the steps in the link to see if any of these will work.

Fix tethered shooting in Lightroom

*Especially making sure your camera's firmware is up to date!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the firmware, still not recognizing that a camera is attached. I think I should give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version of the Lightroom trial did you download? Does it have a gray border or a cyan border around the badge?Image result for lightroom logo

If it is the cyan (bright blue) border (on the right) you will not be able to tether:

https://tethertalk.com/2017/11/13/tethering-in-lightroom-cc-vs-lightroom-classic-cc/

You will need to install the trial version of Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep trying to set up the wi fi on the camera, I entered my wi fi pass and now it says pairing in progress, Start pairing software on computer, if it is not already running. I have lightroom open, and tethered capture open. Is there something else?

I've also just tried it with a tether cord and the lightroom doesn't see a camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines