Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop opens a previous, similarly named file

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there.

When I drag the icon of an image file from the most recent Pages onto my Photoshop CS5 icon in the dock, a previous document of the same name will open. For example, the Pages client has named their file, or been allocated the generic title, 'Image1.png'.

Photoshop then opens the last file called 'Image1.png' from a few days previous.

I have quit and reopened Photoshop. I have purged 'All' under the edit menu. I have run 'Disk Doctor' app to flush the caches.

It may well be reset if I restart my MacBook Pro (2012) but I would rather not do that every time.

Any suggestions, Team?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me again. I can drag it to the desktop and then drag that to the Photoshop icon, but that's leaving me lots of extra files around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reset your app it may solve your problem:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop.

In widows, Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift after pressing to open the software immediately.

It will prompt you to delete the setting file, Press Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Omar, but that didn't do it.

Might well be a glitch between new and old software.

I have a workaround so am not going to spend too much time on the problem.

If it persists should I upgrade to Photoshop CC, I will get back to you.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines