• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open any image files such as .jpg and .png

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can some one tell me why I am not able to open any image files in photoshop? Every time I try it shows an error message "Cannot complete your request because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found." it just started doing it few days ago. First, the images started to show distorted, now it doesn't open at all. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7044

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Also try turning off

Preferences > Plug-Ins > Allow Extensions …

Preferences > Plug-Ins > Load Extension Panels

and restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the graphic card and seems ok. BTW I forgot to post that I use the latest version of the macOS High Sierra. I also use all the creative cloud softwares and they are all up to date. It slowly start happening when I updated to the last version of Photoshop.

All the files are correct, they work perfectly fine when I open them in Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom.

For some reason, every time that I start using photoshop, it works fine, but as I continue using it the problem starts to one point that I can't open any files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your photo format very closer and looks what format is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have followed all the tips that you guys have given me. It seams that it worked after re-updating IOS Sierra, however it start doing it again. This time the message doesn't pop up, but the images are still distorted. Also, SGV files don't open, and when they do it changes the color palette used on the original document. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines