Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating from LR 6.13 to 6.14

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not able to update my LR 6.13 to LR 6.14.

The cloud app does not offer the option for updating; it seems that it thinks the program is up to date.

I have also tried to apply the 6.14 patch that I got from the adobe site directly, which did not work.

It gave me the error message: 'Update Failed. This patch is not applicable for you. Please check for updated from Help Menu in your product to see list of latest updates available. If the problem persist, contact Customer support for further assistance'.

I believe this is related to the reported issue here.

Is there any other solution to that besides deleting everything related to Adobe and reinstalling from scratch?

Also, I tried to reinstall the cloud app, but it will not de-install, as it says that I have programs that depend on it.

However; I do not have LR CC or LR Classic, only LR6.13.

Is there any way I can force the de-installation of the cloud app to try a new install of it?

Thanks,

Adrian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Backup your catalog, your own created templates. Then do the following steps:

• deinstall Lightroom
  • deinstall all Adobe programs that you have installed.
  • run the Adobe Cleaner Tool​ (German version)
  • reboot your computer.
  • if errors on deinstalling specific Adobe apps try to deinstall again.
  • run the cleaner tool again and reboot your computer.
  • download the installation files ​ (German version)
  • install Lightroom 6 and the update to 6.14
My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the only option ? It seem too radical....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is, what I also thought.

It is not only the catalog, which to backup.

All the preferences, import and export settings (or is this, what you call templates?)....everything needs to be localized, backup-ed, and the again applied somehow?

Pheew....sounds like a lot of work for an update from 6.13 to 6.14 .

Maybe I will just stick to 6.13. There is not too much change between those versions, and there will never be another update on it anyways.....

Still, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me is a big diference. I believe 6.14 acepts Nikon D850 when 6.13 does’t

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes; then it is another story......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be radical, but I've made the experience that a clean reinstallation solves many problems.

With templates I don't mean the export settings rather than development settings that has been save as a template.

We can try to find another way, but there's no guarantee.

What operating system do you use?

Is your system up-to-date?

What is the exact error message?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I have a Mac and the ligthroom has been installed yesterday. It is the 6.13 version and when I try to update it says that there is no update available. For me is a big issue as I just bought the upgrade from version  5 to 6 to be able to read Nikon D850 flies. The 6.13 version does’t rigth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of OS X is installed on your Mac?

Have you looked at my post above and gone to that web page and downloaded the 6.14 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac High Sierra 10.13.3.

I was not able to open the link for the update only for the full download. What I am doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

antonior23254972  wrote

Mac High Sierra 10.13.3.

I was not able to open the link for the update only for the full download. What I am doing wrong?

What do you mean you weren't able to open the link for the download. Once you expand where it says LR 6 you get what I showed in my first screen shot. The Base installer section and then a LIST of other downloads for the different updates. Download the 6.14 update then in Finder Double click on it to install it. Since you are on a Mac only download the 6.14 update for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if I did it well but it worked and the new version is installed and the software now open Nikon d850 files. So almost perfect.

Still need to do another thing. I was used to Ligthroom english version, but by mistake, when talking with adobe support I mentioned Portuguese version and I have now portuguese language. Any possibility to revert to english. IT would be perfect for me as I am used to photography language in english. Can you help?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case:

I have Windows 10 installed, and I consider it up to date.

I tried the 6.14 already that is mentioned above. When trying I get this message. This is German, but I assume it pretty much translates to what I have stated in the original message:

'Update Failed. This patch is not applicable for you. Please check for updated from Help Menu in your product to see list of latest updates available. If the problem persist, contact Customer support for further assistance'.

And the cloud app shows this. It is not showing 6.13, but Lightroom CC (2015), which, as I understand, is the same. There it offers only to open it, but no update.

However; I just noticed that Lightroom Classic CC gives the option to update, although I do not have any Classis version installed (and never had). So; this makes me wonder. Can it be that for some reason my serial number (licence) is not correctly stored/linked (whatever) in Adobe's system, and that it "thinks" I had Classic but not LR6? I do not know; probably stupid this idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok you are the Original poster.

Please open LR and go to the Help menu item then select System Info and paste the first 5 line of the text that comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version von Lightroom: 6.13 [ 1141928 ]

Lizenz: Unbegrenzt

Betriebssystem: Windows 10

Version: 10.0

Anwendungsarchitektur: x64

Systemarchitektur: x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just wondering. For cases like this I have LR also installed on my laptop.

There the update worked.

However; I looked there at the 5 lines in help>system, and there it says: Version: 10.0.16299 for my Windows version.

As you see above this is not listed on my main machine, although there I have the same Windows version (10.0.16299 Build 16299),

which I just have verified.

Why is LR not showing this? Could this be related to the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, is there a way to force a de-installation of the cloud app, in order to reinstall it? In case it does not work properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adriank27754197  wrote

Version von Lightroom: 6.13 [ 1141928 ]

Lizenz: Unbegrenzt

Betriebssystem: Windows 10

Version: 10.0

Anwendungsarchitektur: x64

Systemarchitektur: x64

What does unbegrenzt translate to?

If it is something like Perpetual then I don't know what to tell you. It should be Creative Cloud or in your language whatever that is in translation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes; it means perpetual. But this should be fine. I always had the perpetual licence for LR6. I got it, when I bought it.

By the way; it is the same on the other computer, where the update worked.

I never had CC, so why should I have a CC-licence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adriank27754197  wrote

Yes; it means perpetual. But this should be fine. I always had the perpetual licence for LR6. I got it, when I bought it.

By the way; it is the same on the other computer, where the update worked.

I never had CC, so why should I have a CC-licence?

Yeah my mistake. You do have a perpetual license, Sorry for the confusion.

There are some that come to this forum that have LR Classic V7 installed and show it as a Perpetual License which Can't Happen unless it is some kind of Hacked, Pirated, version.

As for the error you are getting when trying to install the 6.14 update the only cure that I know of that works is to Uninstall everything including the CC DTA. Then use the download link I provided to download both the Base installer and the 6.14 update and install the base program then the update to 6.14.

No need to install any other update. The 6.14 update includes all the files to update the base program to 6.14.

No need for you to reinstall the CC DTA as it is of no use to you. 6.14 is the last update for LR 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK; thanks anyway.

I am not sure I want to go through this struggle though. As you say correctly; 6.14 is the last anyways, and for me it is not a big deal to stay on 6.13.

In the other case I always need to fear that my preferences and anything is gone, and that I need to set up everything again.

By the way; what is CC DTA?

Also; good to know that LR7 classic is hackable ; lol. Just a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud DeskTop App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no way to deinstall the CC DTA alone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure go to Control Panel, Programs and feature, Select the CC DTA and then click Uninstall.

Since you are using Win 10 it might be someplace else like system options or something like that. But IIRC Win 10 still has access to Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm; this is the point. When I try this, then it says that I have creative-cloud-applications installed, which require the CC DTA. It just does not let me deinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines