• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 CRASHING on iMac, HELP!

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am a graphic designer and I just started at a new company which has a late 2013 fully loaded 27" iMac with Adobe Creative Cloud.

I work primarily in Photoshop and it was working perfectly the last two weeks on their iMac. But, then it started crashing. I checked to see if it was some weird trial thing just because of the timeline. But I was signed into a good account that is up to date and most of the other programs within the suite work just fine.

What I have narrowed it down to is this:

I can load a .psd document and begin to work for a few seconds. Whenever I use the text tool and try to change the font by clicking the drop down button, BOOM. It crashes, every single time.

I am a professional that has lots of work to do and I need to get this fixed asap!

I have uninstalled photoshop multiple times.

I uninstalled every adobe program on the computer including creative cloud and reinstalled, same issues.

I updated the iMac.

I have restarted 100 times.

I have tried just about everything I can think of, any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,

-Scott Parker

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have a corrupted font or font cache. Clear out the font caches and disable fonts to see if that fixes it.

Troubleshoot fonts in Adobe applications | Mac OS X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will give that a try and let you know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines