• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opacity and Textured Brush

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to have a brush tip with texture that is fully opaque? I want it so that every click is basically a stamp that shows nothing behind it. Right now no matter what I do having the texture makes the brush translucent. I want each brush click to basically create a colour editable stamp with an image, in this case being of a circular dab of paint. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could fill a layer with the texture and reveal it with the brush via a layer mask.  Otherwise I think some of the Kyle Webster presets might do what you are describing.  If all else fails, Krita can definitely do it, and it is free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response! That would work but I want the texture to be specific to, and within, the brush tip location. Almost as if I had overlayed a paint shine on each individual dab, but with the ability to layer. It works totally fine when I scatter the regular circular brush but I was hoping I could make it look a little more painterly. I will check out Krita, again thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my last post I have checked out Kyle's mega pack, and also looked at the Krita presets, and I was not able to lay down a texture that completely hid the underlying layer(s).  So as far as I can tell, you would need to do something along the lines of what I described.  It would probably be better to group your texture layer with another layer filled with your colour of choice, and reveal it via a layer mask on the group.  Or a Smart Object would work just as well

Texture Group.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe using the Clear brush mode would work?

clear-1.png

clear-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or maybe paint on a blank layer and use the Layer Style Blending Options to punch through the lower layers.

Set the blank layers blending options to Knockout Shallow and Fill Opacity to Zero.

Clear-3.png

Clear-4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines