• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Photoshop such a crap?!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soo many bugs, so many problems, so many bad design principles...

- usesless support for Wacom tablets. Brush tool is doing what it wants but not what I want... impossible to deactivate pressure sensitive mode, brush will ALWAYS react on pressure and making it impossible to draw a small line with full opacity instead of half opacity. Next thing is, there are often "blips" of full pressure while drawing a thin line... so Ive got fat dots everywhere. 100% PS problem, driver and tablet are good and working in other none-Adobe apps perfectly fine

- what kind of ... has designed the exclusive transform mode? There is no reason for doing that but it only nags the user. Every time you move or transform something, this action needs to be confirmed. Interrupts the whole work-flow without _any_ benefit.

- Gulf of Execution in Layer-Manager is bigger than the pacific ocean... but this continues in lot of other areas

I could write an endless list of more things Ive encountered in the last years. After 8 years of partly productive usage of PS I still hate it. Ive destroyed my Wacom tablet today because (and ONLY because) of PS and thats the reason for writing feedback here. No sane men can cope with such a inconsistent and unreasonably interface, which is my feedback as interface-design expert (Ive got an master degree with some years of experience in this area of expertise).

[Moderator: Moving from Lounge to Photoshop]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say its because of Adobe Management.  Adobe management has not done their job. They have not put in place what is needed the Software Development processes  required,  The processes used are not what they should be.  Design changes are not review as well as they should be regression testing appears to be minimal, code testing is poor too many bugs are released etc. Support practices are poor. Reported and acknowledged bugs go unfixed release after release. Adobe Management is not doing a good job.   I do not know how much longer Adobe can get away with the way things are going.   Developing an Adobe products is not a simple task Adobe need better development procedures to improve quality.  I still use CC 2014.

I believe that companies like Wacom would like to work with Adobe so their product will work well with Adobe products  for Adobe customers buy Wacom products for use with Adobe products.

Operating systems are also changing which I sure is adding an additional burden on software developers like Adobe and hardware developers like Wacom, Nvidia, AMD, Intel  All must work together even Apple...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I hear you Mack, I'm sticking with Windows 7 pro and I'm using PS 5 and Illustrator CS6. Altogether, everything works fine. My Wacom works with everything. I don't plan on updating my OS, PS or Illy anytime soon. I read to many boogeyman stories of folks having all sorts of problems. Think I'll stay where I'm at for the time being or until I start reading posts of those with better success. I have to say that I WANT ADOBE TO BE SUCCESSFUL. I don't want a world without Adobe in it, no way! Come on Adobe; you can do it, I'm betting on you to make it man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack  wrote

I believe that companies like Wacom would like to work with Adobe so their product will work well with Adobe products  for Adobe customers buy Wacom products for use with Adobe products.

Those companies do... or, at least, they used to. I don't know how closely Adobe works with third-party vendors these days since the big 2015 pairing down of all partner programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That again is Adobe Management.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here was I thinking it was only Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch to Affinity Photo. It is so much cheaper, it runs 1000x faster it is smooth, it is intuitive, it is well designed and it has all the features and it has the same familiar layout. Trust me it's worth switching. Affinity Photo - Professional image editing software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! I just saw "Getting started" Affinity Photo video - tututorial and at the first glance it's like twin of Adobe Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive destroyed my Wacom tablet today because (and ONLY because) of PS

How exactly did Photoshop make you destroy your Wacom tablet?

what kind of ... has designed the exclusive transform mode? There is no reason for doing that but it only nags the user. Every time you move or transform something, this action needs to be confirmed. Interrupts the whole work-flow without _any_ benefit.

Because Photoshop is a layer based and pixel based application and continual transformations (or at least transformations beside moving, rotating by multiples of 90˚, flipping, …) would accumulate damage to non-Smart Object-pixel Layers and Masks.

And to move Layers one needs not invoke a transformation at all anyway.

As for your problems with Photoshop and the tablet: What have you done trouble-shooting?

A lot of users seem to experience no similar problems so it seems peculiar.

impossible to deactivate pressure sensitive mode

Could you please post meaningful screenshots (including all pertinent UI elements) to illustrate your claim?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the wrong name PoisonNuke​ , PoisonPen would be more appropriate, but you are entitled too your opinion. You do realise a school would have loved that Wacom tablet, assuming you actually did destroy it?-looking at my Wacom that works fine in Photoshop, I reckon you'd need to saw it in half to destroy it-they are really tough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread is now a year old guys .............

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well spotted Dave and there was me waiting for a reply from the OP. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this thread should be locked. It's basically a rant and the OP is long gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, lock it.

If someone wants to talk about Affinity Photo - fine, but do it in the Affinity forums or wherever these things are discussed, not here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading it I was sure it's about CC 2018. Probably you would not comment it other way as I see many people hate latest one too, although use as there is no alternative for them. I'm curcious anyway if you grabbed 19.1.1 vers. what are your feelings to sole product now also comparing it with that version your post was about? I guess you'll say how much more you dislike it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines