• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Portability Between Computers

Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife and I often build .  We usually build our Character Animation characters in Photoshop, and, of course, do the rigging in Character Animator on a desktop workstation - but when travelling on a laptop.  We then load everything up to a folder on a network cloud server, and when we've gotten to a destination, opened the Character in Animator to make sure everything is working, we've found that Ch shows missing files - like all the character artwork.
We check to be certain the Photoshop file and all other assets are in a folder together.

It appears I'm missing something very important. 
Any thought?  Many thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK ... I just found a possible solution in "File .... Copy Media Files Into Project Folder"   ....
Is this the way out of my issue?
Also, I use Dynamic Linking with After Effects to do my video scenes.  Will After Effects pull everything in when I do the import of the Character file?
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I recall correctly, I think someone from Adobe said once before something about files within the project directory being stored with relative paths and files outside using absolute paths - so it could help (worth trying). But I could not find it just now.

(Another thread I read once indicated some people thought it was normal with After Effects to have to relink asset files when sharing projects...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines