• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour print problem

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some time I have been printing from lightroom CC to my Canon ip8750 photo printer without problem. For reasons I do not understand perhaps connected to an update, when I now try to print from the print module the preview image is pixalated and magenta and prints the same. I am aware of the multiple profile issue but this occurs whether I set the profile in Lightroom or if I let the printer manage the profile. I have reset lightroom to defaults to no avail. The colour shift problem also occurs in Elements which I am guessing uses the same print module. When I export a photograph from lightroom and print using the canon printer utility it is perfect !. Also paint previews and prints perfectly. I calibrate my screen using colour munki usually have the printer correction off and the profile (GL2) in Lightroom. I have explored every option I can think of but not found the problem, any advice appreciated ?

Thanks

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are describing sounds like double color management. Are you absolutely certain that you are disabling color management in either Lightroom or in the printer driver? If both are enabled you will see exactly what you are describing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your interest , yes I thought this may be the case but have done everything I can think of to disable colour management in the printer although for some reason the 8700 only has two option either auto or manual, I have selected manual with all sliders set to zero and the management tab set to none. I have just been playing with lightroom on a new user on the same machine and imported a photo from my camera and the problem has gone, if I import a jpg from my other user profile exported from lightroom it brings the problem with it ? I am thoroughly confused !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then when using Lightroom to print, have you tried using the option to let the printer manage the color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, exactly the same result !  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am out of ideas. If you have your Canon print driver set the default, and you are certain you have made all the right choices, it seems to me that your only choice is to use Print Studio Pro as an alternative. I used the Canon Pixma Pro-100, and haven't experienced those problems. I seldom use the Canon print utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, thanks very much this really is a headscratcher !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get away from the color problem you say the image is Pixelated. How big in pixels is the image and how big a sheet of paper are you using.

IMO the only reason for the image in the Print module to look pixelated is if it was a small size, in pixels, and you were using a large sheet size and you had Zoom to Fit selected and LR was Zooming, enlarging, the image to fit the paper size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But he says the images print perfectly from the Canon print utility, Print Studio Pro. That is the weird catch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images are large in file terms and I am only trying the print preview at 5 x 7 they are about 12mb jpgs or the processed raw files in LR not exported. I think jim is correct there is some colour profile duplication going on but how the hell I have turned it on I don,t know and trying to turn it off if its in the canon driver is a mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess my next question should be how can I ensure the printer profile is turned off in the Canon IP8750 driver ? there is no box to tick to say let the app (LR) manage colour. ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have misled myself, the problem still exists in the new user profile just chose a photo and proved that. I am convinced it is in the printer driver but I can't turn it off !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Not selected Managed by Printer then it will use the color profile selected. It is off by default. Selecting it turns it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem occurs both if I select managed by printer and also by using the canon gl2 profile in lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if your driver interface is anything like mine. I have to click on this box, sometimes twice:

Capture.JPG

Then I click on the Matching tab so that I can choose None.

Capture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim mine is the same and I have been doing the same ! I have just got it to work by selecting managed by printer in LR so the issue seems to be I can't turn off the printer profile I have been doing exactly what you do as above ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it works letting the printer manage the color, then don't fight it. I have actually printed with both choices and haven't been able to see any difference in the quality of the print. It's just deciding what setting works best. After all, from my experience, it's simply a matter of whether the printer driver or Lightroom chooses the right paper profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

many thanks Jim, I have cracked it using the managed by printer settings as you suggested. No way will it let lightroom manage the profile, I have tried everything and somewhere the dual profile exists and I cant turn it off !! However the prints look good so not going to dwell on it ! good wishes and thanks again.

Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines