• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue applying 6.14 update to Lightroom 6.0

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can't seem to get my Lightroom 6 to upgrade to 6.14. I've downloaded the 6.14 upgrade as well as  the 6.13 and the 6.12 but every time I run the AdobePatchInstaller.exe file for any of these updates, I receive the following message:

"This patch is not applicable for you. Please check for updates from the Help menu in your product to see a list of latest updates available."

In Lightroom, I've click on Help>Updates and after searching for a few seconds it tells me that Lightroom is up to date. However when I look at the System Info, it shows that I'm still only running Lightroom 6.0. What's strange is that it's showing that my Op System is 8.1, but I definitely have 10 Pro installed.

Lightroom version: 6.0 [1014445]

License: Perpetual

Operating system: Windows 8.1 Business Edition

Version: 6.3 [9600]

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

This is very frustrating as I need the updated camera profiles, but I don't want to have to upgrade to CC or CC Classic.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

You have to download the installation files from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

First download an install Lightroom 6. This is not the actual version. I think it's 6.1

2018-04-14 15_04_09-Download Photoshop Lightroom.png

In the next step you have to download and install the update to version 6.14. You'll find the update on the same side.

MacOS

2018-04-14 15_07_08-Download Photoshop Lightroom.png

Windows

2018-04-14 15_07_24-Download Photoshop Lightroom.png

If this doesn't help please described exactly what you've done an which error messages you get. And please post the version of the operating system you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try updating to a significantly lower version first, for example to 6.8 or so. If that works, try updating 6.8 to 6.14. It should be possible to update directly to 6.14 (and I can't tell you why it doesn't work for you), but maybe this is a workaround.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JohanEl54. I went as far back as 6.6 with no luck and then went all the way back to 6.1 and sadly came up with the same results. I appreciate you taking the time to reply and suggesting a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my past experiences with problems I can suggest the following steps:

1) Save your catalog to a secure location.

2) Deinstall  Lightroom

3) Download and run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove all Adobe 'stuff'.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

4) Download the installation files from here Download Photoshop Lightroom

5) Install Lightroom and the the update to 6.14

5) Restore your catalog.

All this sounds drastic and it does take time and effort, but a clean installation can fix many problems.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to reinstall Lightroom on my new computer but I received Lighroom 6.0 and update does'nt work. I don't find a way to upgrade to 6.14 even when I download version 6.14, only 6.0 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to download the installation files from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

First download an install Lightroom 6. This is not the actual version. I think it's 6.1

2018-04-14 15_04_09-Download Photoshop Lightroom.png

In the next step you have to download and install the update to version 6.14. You'll find the update on the same side.

MacOS

2018-04-14 15_07_08-Download Photoshop Lightroom.png

Windows

2018-04-14 15_07_24-Download Photoshop Lightroom.png

If this doesn't help please described exactly what you've done an which error messages you get. And please post the version of the operating system you are using.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Failed I don't have a message. Nothing happens when I click on

update. Thanks

I uninstall and reinstall several times but impossible to update directly from Lightroom 6.0.

Do you have a link to download the update only ? I don't fond it. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Lightroom 6.14 installer. The updaters are patchers, so they only contain what's different and apply this onto the base package that must be already installed.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, but how can I upgrade to 6.14 ? When I download from Adobe Website

Lightroom_6_LS11, I get 6.0 installed and nothing happens when I do update.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon D850 and Lumix G9 are not supported if I don't have 6.14. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have another version (not Lightroom_6_LS11) I can try ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer was given in post 5: Re: Issue applying 6.14 update to Lightroom 6.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to download the update file manually. The update files you'll find on the same site which contained the installationfile for LR 6. See the screenshots in my previous post.

For Windows it is a zip file which contains the appropriate data and the AdobePatchinstaller.exe. You have to unzip the setup.zip first and the start the AdobePatchinstaller.

For Macs there's a setup.dmg. I'm not a Mac user and so I don't have any experience how to install software from a dmg file.

But here http://www.ofzenandcomputing.com/how-to-install-dmg-files-mac/

How to Install Software from DMG Files on a Mac

you'll find the appropriate informations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guyten  wrote

OK, but how can I upgrade to 6.14 ? When I download from Adobe Website

Lightroom_6_LS11, I get 6.0 installed and nothing happens when I do update.

Thanks

Read the instructions given to you by other people. Don't install Lightroom 6.0 and then run it and choose 'Update'. Download the updater from the same page and run it manually.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this to work? I just purchased and installed LR 6 in August and have the same issue. I'm stuck at 6.0 build 1014445 and the 6.14 AdobePatchInstaller.exe appears to do nothing at all when run. Even if I run it from cmd.exe it doesn't launch any windows or display any message it just runs and terminates almost immediately with no output. The instructions supplied above don't work for me, as the patch update following the installation doesn't do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, the entire set of instructions about downloading and installing LR 6, and the patch, did not help. I'd also removed LR and reinstalled a bunch of times per those instructions but none of this helped. No matter what I did, the AdobePatchInstaller.exe executable would not do anything it just terminates immediately and silently with no messages or any sign of taking any actions whatsoever.

Installing Adobe Application Manager 10 instead of messing around with manual downloads actually worked. It's also possible that after downloading Adobe Application Manager 10 the patch executable included in the patch zip file may have started working as well (I suspect it communicates with or invokes code common to application manager somehow) but since the update from Application Manager itself worked, there was no need to test this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAs anyone ever come to a conclusion with updating to 6.14?  I am stuck on 6.0 and when I go to the site, it has links for LR4 and LR5 but Not LR6???   Any help would be appreciated.  Running Mac BTW.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are playing 'silly' with the page link for- Download Photoshop Lightroom

Victoria Bampton (aka Lightroom Queen) had Adobe fix the page link on Jan28

For ONE day it was corrected to show v6, but as of Jan29 it has reverted to only show v4 & v5!

I suggest you try this page for links that work (down the page)-  https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I actually came across that page but nothing seemed to make sense to get a simple update.  I just wish they wouldn't mess around with everyone and just leave the freaking link up that lets you update LR6!!  Dont know why they have to make things so difficult. 

If you or anyone hears of the link "re-appearing"  please post....  Im stuck with files I cant use until then.  So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is the Mac updates on that page-

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-updates-links-mac.html#lightroom

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  I actually downloaded this 3X.  It goes through and says its successful, but LR is still stuck at V6 (no update applied).  Ive restarted, and still nothing.  I would have thought it would have given me a zip file or something, but Nada.  Im just stumped on this one.  Appreciate the responses and trying to get a resolution.  Maybe Im doing something wrong on my end.  Ive actually uninstalled LR6 and reinstalled still with no luck.  Dont know why they make it so difficult!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm.  Here are a few screen shots1.png2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am 'stumped' for an answer. (I have been with 'Classic' since I converted from v5.7,  and a Windows user)

Yes you must have version 6.0 installed in the computer, as the 6.14 is only an update patch (not a full install).

And have you done a 'cold' reboot of the computer after 'Update complete' ?

Are you checking the Version number from - Menu > Help > System Info  ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines