• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 10 - 7 a day!

Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's Friday again which means it's time for a new weekend challenge! It's hard to believe we've had ten of these now.

I was reading the other day about the 7 a day fruit and vegetable advice for healthy eating and though I wonder what the Photoshop folk would make from a group of fruit and vegetables. So here they are - 7 fruit and vegetables. I cheated on the healthy bit and stuck a potato in there, and a mushroom is also probably bending the "rules". Of course for those in the UK, where the campaign was 5 a day, then you only need to use five of them .

As usual, anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. 

To download the image below without the forum scaling artefacts, right click and then use Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW10FruitandVeg.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add that my wife did wonder what I was doing wandering in and out of my office with a potato, apple , pepper....etc.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

I forgot to add that my wife did wonder what I was doing wandering in and out of my office with a potato, apple , pepper....etc.

Dave

Straight out the back door making a snowman perhaps, or has that Pest-from-the-West, or what ever it was called, passed on by now?  I phoned my mum, who lives in Essex, tonight, and she said it was the worst snow they'd seen that far south since 78/79.  So is anybody _NOT_ going to make a silly face with those vegetables then?     My Potato Head versions 1 to 20 here we come.   One other thought...  if that mushroom is of the 'magic' variety, we could be in for some totally surreal imagery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the snow is gone now Trevor - apart from a small heap that is left behind from where I cleared the drive several times. At least a fall at this time of the year tends to clear quickly.

As for the vegetable images - the more surreal the better - bring them on !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quickie today cause I really got stuff to do other than play !! But its funner to play !!

weekendchallenge10veges.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a great start Jodi - you've brought them to life and given them some character ! 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Dave ! I really rushed this one and I wish I hadn't but I'm glad you like it !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jodi, that's adorable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Rista !! A bit of craziness

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that's brilliant. Are the movie rights available Jodi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Terri ! I think hamburger helper hand is going to lose his temper on the veges. I see a kitchen knife bring presented in the next scene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I tackle this, I'd like to point out that potatoes are unfairly maligned. They are quite nutritious, a good source of fiber and,surprisingly, vitamin C. They are very low in fat, and contain no cholesterol.Just don't put all that butter and sour cream and bacon and cheese and stuff on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Semaphoric  wrote

Before I tackle this, I'd like to point out that potatoes are unfairly maligned. They are quite nutritious, a good source of fiber and,surprisingly, vitamin C. They are very low in fat, and contain no cholesterol.Just don't put all that butter and sour cream and bacon and cheese and stuff on them.

The problem with potatoes is the heavy dose of starchy carbohydrate. In the absence of excessive cabs, an appropriate amount of fat in the diet is good for you, and quite necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sftwe2.jpg

Put to shame by the charm of Jodi's inspired image, but I have a thing about clowns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri and Jodi,

Just wonderful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Jane that has made my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much dear Jane !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Terri, the fruit and veg work well in that image

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a clown lover Terri ?? I love the colors !! Very festive indeed ! At least he isn't the ' it ' clown .... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something quick:

SFTW10 Jane.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane
I was just thinking  where is the carrot - then I saw the eyes

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome Jane !! Mr Potato head never looked better !! I love his hat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jodi.  Did you ever think of using just the one post to make multiple statements?  It's just a thought.  At the moment, you are wreaking havoc with my OCD, and my Aspergers is flaring up something awful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor not what I had in mind but you have my permission to feed your need and let it all out !!! Go for it !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really nicely done Jane-Did you have any particular ACP in mind when you came up with the idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines