• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best value PS version for my laptop/OS?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been considering buying PS for a while but am now more tempted than ever after getting myself a drawing tablet. I'm currently using the free trial of Photoshop CC and I love it but it runs out in under a week and I can't afford it.

These are my specs:

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 20.50.56.png

Can anyone please recommend me a half-decent version of PS that is compatible with my laptop/OS and at the lower end of the PS price scale? I'm not looking for something with all the bells and whistles, I will mainly be using PS for drawing. I'm used to GIMP but the pressure sensitivity doesn't work on my tablet and I've wanted PS for a long time.

Advice would be really appreciated, please and thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photography plan is $10 a month for Photoshop, Lightroom, and Bridge.

I have the 13" version of that portable, but mine is maxed out at 16GB of memory. You should seriously consider adding RAM before you do anything else. 4GB is not really enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can not afford $10 you need to get a better job or life.  Perpetual Photoshop is no longer marketed the other Adobe choice for a beginner to to use Photoshop Elements. It lack some of Photoshop features.  If you are an Artiest and use it for drawing and painting you may want to look a some none Adobe products designed for that type of work and they may work better on your machine.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said to indiahawker: 'If you can not afford $10 you need to get a better job or life.'

Really not cool to make judgemental comments about someones finances we don't know their story!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that question is moot anyway. The only choices are subscription or Elements.

indiahawker, you can't get earlier versions at reduced price, if that's what you're thinking. They are not for sale anymore. If you can find one, it will very likely be pirated. Even if it wasn't, it would probably not install or work under High Sierra, and even if it did, it would be a dead end that you can't upgrade later when it does stop working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I was more like stating I do not believe them. If they can afford a computer and spend the time to learn Photoshop and create Art IMO it more likely they do not wish to spend the money every month for the rest of the days which I can understand. I do not believe they can not afford the $10 its more they feel the $10 would be better use else where.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can understand that finance may be an issue but to be honest if you don't have enough ram (at least 8GB preferably 16GB) your laptop will run so slow it will take you so much longer to create your art, you will be at a major disadvantage.

The best version of Photoshop is the current one giving you access to cool features like Kyle Webster brushes and immediate updates, so if you can try and subscribe to the Photography plan it may well turn out to be an investment well spent.

Hope this helps!

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are interested in digital drawing and painting, save yourself the money and download the open source digital painting software Krita for free. www.krita.org

Beats Photoshop for drawing and painting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines