• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS work space has different appearance on my new PC, why?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new PS user.  I started using PS 2018 CC on my previous Windows 7 computer.  I recently got a new Windows 10 and just started using PS on it.  But the layout of the work space isn't the same, with the layout on the right side of the screen being different.  I don't know the proper terms so I'll try to explain it as best I can.  The first image is how the work space was laid out on my Windows 7 PC (the Layers section was below the Learn section) and I prefer this layout.  The second image shows how the work space is arranged on my Windows 10 PC, and the last image is a close up of its work space settings.  I don't want the sections, like layers and color, to show up as a bump-out panel.  I would like the setup to be the same as I started out with.  What do I do to achieve those original settings?  And what is the proper term for the pop-out/bump-out areas?

Thank you in advance for your help! 

Denise

Prior PS on older PC.pngCurrent PS on new PC.pngCurrent Workspace.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

CC 2018 UI scalling is automatic on Windows 10 it does not work on Windows 7 it uses new Windows 10 features. Make sure your windows 10 Display scaling is set well.  Try setting it 200%

]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CC 2018 UI scalling is automatic on Windows 10 it does not work on Windows 7 it uses new Windows 10 features. Make sure your windows 10 Display scaling is set well.  Try setting it 200%

]

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines