• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my effect ; fractal noise does not working

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I used Adobe After Effect. When I applied Fractal Noise into my footage (Solid layer), nothing happened. There was just black footage or sometimes it gone like transparent footage(white and gray block).

Do you know how to fix it?

If you know please tell me.

Thank you for answering.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could be a GPU problem if the effect is trying to use the GPU. check your project settings and see if you are using GPU to accelerate effects. if so, turn it off by changing it to "software only"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works perfectly to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If changing the GPU settings in preferences does not fix the problem there is no way of answering your question without seeing a screenshot of your composition with the modified properties of the layer giving you problems revealed we can't tell if you have done something wrong. Just press the u key twice, print screen, then paste into the reply field of this forum. If you are on a Mac Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + 3 will take a screenshot and then you can just drag it into the reply field from the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Here it is. I didn't change anything. Just drag effect to footage and it's gone black

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably your GPU. It may be a bug with your specific system. More details and more testing on your end would help us help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Testing on my end??? What should I do??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, make sure that your version of AE is up to date. Second, make sure that your system meets the minimum system requirements. You'll find that info quickly on the Adobe site or by just using a web search like Google. Make sure that your GPU drivers are up to date and that you have installed the proper drivers. Make sure that you are not using the Ray-traced (don't ever use this if you have a newer version of AE) or the C4D rendering engine in your comps. Only Classic 3D rendering will use effects on 3D layers. 

If none of that helps try turning on or off hardware acceleration in your AE preferences. If that does not solve your problem then we need your system details, complete workflow details, and a list of any other software that may be running at the same time AE is running. This includes virus scanning apps which can interfere with AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you advice. I'll try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi panupank,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! ;( the same screen

I'm curious if the panupank has fixed it?!

Radeon hd 7700 series

32 GB 2133MHz

i7-6700 CPU@3.40GHz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to File > Project Settings and under the first tab select Mercury Software.

Tell us if this fix your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it works! thanks Jose!

Is this a graphics card problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some effects in the latest version are GPU accelerated and sometimes these effects render slightly different or in the incorrect way when you have GPU Mercury activated under Project Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks your solution worked but when I use "only mercury" it slows down the render time and when i use gpu it doesnt show the fractal noise.Ä°s there no way that i can get fractal with gpu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you can update the driver for your graphic card to the latest available version to see if it works. Even you could try to update AE to the latest version (15.0.1) but I'm pretty sure that nothing has change about this.

If not, you can not use the GPU acceleration for Fractal Noise and render using only CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excelente... Funciona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!!!  TY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines