Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom hangs after a couple of minutes

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reposting this to a new thread:

have an issue with Lightroom hanging everytime I use it.  I'm running LR 6.0,  Windows 10 Home, Intel i7 3.2Ghz 4 core 8 logical processors, 24 GB RAM.

It seems when it hangs that it's chewing up about 40-50% of total CPU across all CPUs.

I have about 150K photos and am working on tagging.

Turning off GPU support didn't do anything.  Also tried optimizing the db, no effect.

Tried downloading the 6.14 patch after getting the link to find it (no way to find it from the Update button on the app - first app I've ever seen where you can't to updates from the update button.)

Now my problem is that it won't let me install it.  I get an error when I try to run the 6.14 patch installer

I've rerun the installer and it seems to run fine (see below) but keep getting the same error:

I haven't unistalled anything,  and can still start Lightroom 6.0, it's just still hangs once it loads up and usually after a I select a photo or two.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Remove LR6.0 and then reboot. Your data is save while doing this - This will leave your data alone.

Download 6.0 and the 6.14 update directly from here and install them in sequence: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Please reboot between every step.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Remove LR6.0 and then reboot. Your data is save while doing this - This will leave your data alone.

Download 6.0 and the 6.14 update directly from here and install them in sequence: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Please reboot between every step.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines