• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to LR, and am having difficulty exporting. If I hit File to export, I only have a limited amount of choices (add photos, search photos, save to, send to FB, edit in PS and migrate catalog. There is no "export" option. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Export is an option in Lightroom Classic CC. The equivalent in Lightroom CC is the "Save to" option. It doesn't have as many choices, but that is all there is. I don't know if that will be expanded in the future. If you are watching tutorials that are talking about the export option then you are watching tutorials about the wrong version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export is an option in Lightroom Classic CC. The equivalent in Lightroom CC is the "Save to" option. It doesn't have as many choices, but that is all there is. I don't know if that will be expanded in the future. If you are watching tutorials that are talking about the export option then you are watching tutorials about the wrong version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there any way to export in TIF, for example, or is JPEG my only option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two options, JPEG or original + settings. That means if you have raw images you can save a copy of the raw image and an XMP file. As I understand it, the idea behind Lightroom CC is to have a consistent interface across all devices. That means computer, phone, tablet, etc. That "might" mean a more limited menu in some things in order to provide the consistency. That's only my opinion based on my observation of what Lightroom CC seems to be attempting to accomplish. That is also why Lightroom Classic CC is still my preferred program to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Jim. This version was included (free) with my camera purchase for 90 days. It'll give me a chance to get my feet wet with LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines