• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puzzling jpg image duplication. Why does it sometimes happen?

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently returned from a 2 week vacation and imported my pictures into Lightroom 6.14.  Four cameras were used, a Canon 60D, a Nikon P520, an iphone 6s and an iphone 7. 

Some, but not all images from the iphone 6s were duplicated upon import. No images from the other cameras were duplicated.

I could see the duplicated images and their file names in the import screen before actually being imported into LR.  Importing the same set of files into the Apple Photos app had no duplications.

The duplicates have the same file name with the addition of  a “E” directly before the image number. ( IMG_0123 and IMG_E0123). There are slight differences in each pair of images with the E image usually having greater contrast and clarity, also being slightly darker. 

This is not a major problem but I do have about 20% more images  due to the duplicated iphone 6s files.  I delete the original or the E image.

Has anyone had a similar experience?  Is there an explanation for the image duplication? Is it the iphone 6s or LR which is duplicating the images. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?