• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

/tmp system folder missing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao a tutti, qualcuno mi potrebbe aiutare? ho fatto una pulizia profonda del mio MacBook pro con disk drill e quando ho riavviato il computer, l'app adobe creative desktop non era piĆ¹ avviabile. E' comparso un messaggio dicendo di riparare adobe creative desktop e cliccando il bottone "ripara", mi ĆØ uscito un messaggio dicendo che dovevo scaricare di nuovo l'app e re-installare. L'ho fatto ma durante l'installazione ĆØ uscito un messaggio dicendo certificarsi di individuare la cartella di sistema /tmp prima di installare il programma.

Non so come e dove dovrei andare per creare questa cartella per adobe creative cloud.

Sono disperata perchĆØ ho lavori da consegnare e non mi funzionano lightroom, photoshop e bridge!

In attesa di una gentile risposta vi ringrazio dell'attenzione.

Monica S.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

You can re-create the missing /Tmp link by repairing disk permissions . it might fix the issue.

Applications> Utilities >  Disk Utility.

Run Disk Utility and then click on tab named First Aid .

Select the disk Partition and then first run Verify Disk and then Repair Disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apply each step that you are able:

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Glad for your prompt answer but unfortunately it doesn't work with all your suggestions. even from the new administrator it says system /tmp folder missing!!

Is there any other way to fix it?

thanks you so much for your kind help.

m.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I don't know if you got my previous reply to yours. All the methods you suggested doesn't work. even the new admin gets the same message "system /tmp folder missing!

I'm sorry. do you have any other suggestion?

thank you very much

m.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact apple and see if they can tell you where that directory should be and how to restore it, if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can re-create the missing /Tmp link by repairing disk permissions . it might fix the issue.

Applications> Utilities >  Disk Utility.

Run Disk Utility and then click on tab named First Aid .

Select the disk Partition and then first run Verify Disk and then Repair Disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same error. It was a permission error on the /tmp folder as far as I could see. I was able to fix it with the following steps on a Macbook:

1) Open Terminal

2) Type: sudo chmod 777 /tmp

3) Enter your user password if it prompts you for it

4) Try the installer again

What this does is change permissions on your /tmp folder to fully open access. This might be bad depending on what your kind of system or network you are on but if it's your personal laptop it might (?) be ok for the most part. The 'sudo' command gives you 'root/admin' permission to change the folder to these access levels.

I was able to download the CC app after this. If you know of a better way without having to make the /tmp folder permissions so open then I think it would be helpful... but I'm not knowledgable enough for that stuff. But hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having this same error. It was a permission error on the /tmp folder as far as I could see. I was able to fix it with the following steps on a Macbook:

1) Open Terminal

2) Type: sudo chmod 777 /tmp

3) Enter your user password if it prompts you for it

4) Try the installer again

The above step wont work unless the /tmp exists under private. so in order to create do this:

1) Open Terminal

2) type: cd /

3) type: cd private

4) type: sudo mkdir tmp ( enter account password )

5) type: cd /

6) Type: sudo chmod 777 /tmp

7) Enter your user password if it prompts you for it

8) Try the installer again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines