• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to darken pre existing text?

Engaged ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to darken pale text that I did NOT  type, most reasonable way seems to darken with hue saturation, but how do I select it? it seem that I have to make a

layer mask, how do I do that? thanks

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 00.21.15.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Screen+Shot+2018-03-11+at+00.21.15.png

If you are referring to losing the Shutterstock copyright line, the Patch tool or one of the Healing brush tools could work well, but it would be prudent to consider its legality.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen+Shot+2018-03-11+at+00.21.15.png

If you are referring to losing the Shutterstock copyright line, the Patch tool or one of the Healing brush tools could work well, but it would be prudent to consider its legality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Norman, Legality taken care of 3 years ago: SS's licencees quite often wouldn't give proper credit attribution to the photographer, sued SS,  lost regular pocket money, and my images are no longer all over the place, albeit at least no longer creditfree. As for me being me, yes it's me darkening my own name: (here with Getty) Dona Bozzi Immagini e foto | Getty Images

Legality taken care of, - SS wouldn't sue me for darkening my own credit just for the sake of not having to deal with me anymore -

healing tool replicates and patch, a selection tool, was probably not a good idea to select text. I was saved by the "magnifier", selected the area and curved, looks good That wouldn't be possible without the circle. It would be worth to try the spot healing brush, but "doesn't stay", I should read an article, but for now, why the effect doesn't stay?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By writing that the Spot Healing.correction "doesn't stay" I assume you mean that it doesn't display the correction.  I have never experienced that. The cause may be the Mode setting in the Options bar or something more involved.

Luckily, with Photoshop there is usually more than one way to solve a problem. We didn't even try the Clone tool, a technique that uses the History brush set to Darken or some other strategy. You're happy with the result you achieved and that is what counts. Now you can track down the odd Spot Healing result at your leisure.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines