• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i turn off peanut dash

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I just got PS and made some change on it the Pen settings and ever since, whenever I make a shape object, the peanut dash thing appears and it is very frustrating trying to turn that off. How do i reset the settings so that the peanut dash is off?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Not sure what you mean by peanut dash but if you want to restore the Pen Tool to it's default settings, right click here and select Reset Tool

Untitled4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be referring to the Path line the surrounds the Shape. Tap the Esc key or click in an open area of the Path panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Tool Setting change from curvature pen tool to the top most setting for the regular pen tool. There is a fly-out menu accessed by the triangle in the bottom right of the tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have clicked on the Peanut Dash tool preset for the Pen Tool.

pd-1.png

To get rid of that set the Shape Stroke Type to a Solid Line.

pd-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem. I've got the full Creative Cloud suite now, having used GIMP before, and I'm finding Photoshop incredibly unintuitive to do even basic stuff. Right now, I'm trying to draw a small circle on an image, and apparently the way to do this is use the pen tool and select "shapes". However, the pen tool only has one option in the drop-down box by it, "peanut dash" (whatever that is), and I can't find any other presets. The drop down box that Jeff showed in his post above doesn't appear on mine. Not only that, the pen tool doesn't appear to be a pen at all, since when I try to use it, it simply draws a path (so why isn't it called a path tool, rather than a pen tool?)

Surely it must be possible to have a pen that just acts like a pen and lets you draw either freeform or shapes? I just have no idea where to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

The Pen tool in Photoshop draws a path. That path can be set to make a shape, by selecting the option in the options bar.  Using the standard pen tool gives great control over the curves but takes a little practice to master. The key thing with paths and shapes is that they remain editable and can be scaled without losing the sharp edges.

2019-12-15_12-14-56.jpg

Once you have created a path , you can select a brush then stroke the path with that brush by clicking on the icon in the paths panel

There is a freeform pen tool which does the same thing but without the bezier curve controls. Click and hold the pen tool in the toolbar to see the other pen tools.

2019-12-15_12-17-57.jpg

If you just want to draw freeform pixel lines, then the brush tool is the better option.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your clear answer, Dave!

I think this is why I'm finding Photoshop so confusing. The path tool is called "pen" and has an option called "shapes" - which just seems very unintuitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see any anchor points or lines when I click. Not sure how to get them to show up. I've been working on it for several days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, do you mean to be able to scale, skew and move objects?  for this you need 'Transform Controls'.  Select you 'Move' tool at the top of the toolbox on your left hand side and check the box on the top menu bar that says 'Show Transform Controls'. Hope this helps. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines