• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I open CS5.5 files in CC.

New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from CS5.5 to CC. Before I try opening a file I was working on in Premiere Pro and After Effects CS5.5 into CC, I just want to know if it will mess anything up or does it open just fine and I can continue my work in CC and not go back to CS5.5.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

In most cases, newer programs will work with older files of the same program without a problem.  You can check it out your self without endangering the CS5.5 file.  Save a copy of it and open it in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In most cases, newer programs will work with older files of the same program without a problem.  You can check it out your self without endangering the CS5.5 file.  Save a copy of it and open it in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have just upgraded from Adobe CS5 to Adobe CC 2018 and none of my old files (PS, AI, INDD, PDF) are recognisable by the new programs! Please help Is there something I am missing? Do the old files need to be saved a certain way? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded from Adobe CS5 to Adobe CC 2018 and none of my old files (PS, AI, INDD, PDF) are recognisable by the new programs!

What happens when you try to open a CS5 file in CC? Any error messages?

Which operating system are you using?

Do the old files need to be saved a certain way?

No, they should just open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, when I try and open the old file nothing happens. No errror message or anything, it just doesn’t open. Also worrying that when I go file > open and try choose the old CS5 file, the little icons that show that it’s an InDesign file is just blank and not the usual InDesign icon, if that makes sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, I tried again to open them and they seem to be opening now .. don't know what changed. The first time opening the old files seems to take a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question. So this DID work ok in the end?? I am thinking of doing the exact same thing and wondering if my ai and pdf files saved in CS5 will open and be editable in latest version of CC. TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - yes it did work in the end! What happened was that the files first had to download off my iCloud account onto the new machine, then once that happened, it was all good to go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there - yes it did work in the end! What happened was that the files first had to download off my iCloud account onto the new machine, then once that happened, it was all good to go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines