• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Adobe Premiere 2018] how to mute the audio from the preview window?

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is something very annoing in my workflow and it's the audio coming from the scrolling in the preview windows: is it possible to mute the audio from the preview window? when I scroll the images using that button (take a look at the picture), I wish to have no audio. I just wish to mute it, scoll fast, choose the selected scene and put it in the timeline. (but on the timeline I want audio obviously). how to do it? thx!

5aa562046fb26_howtomute.png.1b23e6c4996e9b9c38882bdbe04f947c.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

audio scrubbing.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

audio scrubbing.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Thx a lot!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a problem!

I want to mute the scrubbing only from the preview window, but I do not want to mute it from the timeline window (it's essential over there).

please try to make a test and eventually add ask to the developers to add this options in future updates! let me know if possible please, thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you cannot have both.

You will have to make the feature request yourself: I am just a user just as you are.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx I added a official feature request! you are very kind! bye!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue as i was editing a live music event and picking b-roll in order to make a couple songs out of the ten played. I found in the settings the gain control. I dialed it down to -96 and then brought it up when needed to the -12/-9. Strange that they don't have this as a normal option technically but also for our sanity. 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Referring to the workflow from Avid Media Composer ( where the mute can be switched on from the timeline  ),  in Premiere Pro you can just turn on the tab Audio Clip Mixer window, set it up  in the source window ,   and  then on  your scrolling B-roll set the option mute  🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines