• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Olympus TG-5 is it fully compatible with Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was planning to purchase an Olympus TG-5 (for taking underwater RAW images) but need to know whether Lightroom CC fully and seamlessly will process those RAW images?  Specifically, will the TG-5 be fully compatible with Lightroom CC 2015?  Will Lightroom CC process the the Olympus TG-5 RAW images and will Adobe have specific Camera Calibrations and Lens Correction Profiles for the TG-5 in the Lightroom Develop Module?  Are there any areas where Lightroom will not work automatically and seamlessly with this Olympus model TG-5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

According to the current published list of supported cameras, the camera you are inquiring about is not yet supported. The TG-4 is, so I would suspect that the  TG-5 Will possibly be added in the next update. But that is only a conjecture on my part. I cannot say that specific camera calibrations will be included. In most cameras other than Nikon and Canon, Adobe provides the Adobe Standard profile. If you need other profiles you can download the free Adobe DNG profile creator and create your ow

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the current published list of supported cameras, the camera you are inquiring about is not yet supported. The TG-4 is, so I would suspect that the  TG-5 Will possibly be added in the next update. But that is only a conjecture on my part. I cannot say that specific camera calibrations will be included. In most cameras other than Nikon and Canon, Adobe provides the Adobe Standard profile. If you need other profiles you can download the free Adobe DNG profile creator and create your own profiles. I also cannot comment on lens corrections. I think it's probably a bit unrealistic to expect Lightroom to work completely "automatically and seamlessly" with any camera. It takes a little work on the user's part to get optimum results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I fired up my new olympus tg 5 for the first time last night and cannot for the life of me get the orf files to open in camera raw. I assumed an orf file is an orf file and so if the files from the tg 4 worked, so would the tg 5 ... but I am clearly wrong. I will use the olympus provided raw convertor for now I guess with the hope that adobe will update.  Or, am I wrong? Should they be opening? I have tried every trouble shooting trick I can find on the internet trying to get them to open in acr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the TG5 today and I can't open the ORF files either.  The raw files for each camera model are different, so the ORF files from the TG5 aren't quite the same as the ORF files from the TG4.

But this is only a temporary problem.  The TG5 camera seems to be quite popular, so Adobe is likely going to put it on a priority to get support for it in Photoshop and Lightroom.  Shoot raw files on the TG5, and for now, shoot RAW+Jpeg.  It shouldn't be too long before the update is released and PS and LR support the TG5 ORF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jim already wrote: The TG-5 is not yet supported. This is true for LR as well as for ACR.

Support will be added in the next release ... before you ask: Nobody here knows when this will be. Only Adobe knows and they don't tell.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I appreciate the help in understanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Lightroom CC2015.12/6.12 has been released and this camera is now supported. Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

See Lightroom CC 2015.12 now available

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I just updated my camera raw and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Lightroom, and it still won't open my TG5 files. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please double-check the version you have installed from withtin LR's Help menu / Systeminformation.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it what Lightroom reported:

Lightroom version: CC 2015.12 [ 1125239 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 10

Version: 10.0

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

I just downloaded it yesterday. Is this not the current version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, CC 2015.12 is current.

What's the exact error message when you try to open one of your Raw files?

Any chance of uploading one of your Raw files to Dropbox or similar and posting a link here so we can take a look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what happened, but after I re-booted my computer, Lightroom can now "see" the ORF files. Sorry to have bothered you. Everything seems ok now. ciao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Olympus TG5 correctly loads RAW files if I read directly from the card plugged into my Mac.  If, however, I plug the camera into the MAC USB port, the import screen shows only ORF for each image - but if I load them anyway, they load correctly.  This makes my normal workflow of not importing the obvious rejects impossible.

Will Lightroom be fixed to correctly import OLYMPUS TG5 RAW files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please clarify your problem. You can always uncheck your rejects, and Lightroom should not import those that you have unchecked. Does that not work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "Correctly loads raw files" do you mean you shoot RAW+JPG and you want to reject both with one uncheck, but now you only see ORFs in the Import panel and unchecking one of those only skips the ORF for the import but the JPG still imports?

What is the behavior you're expecting and what happens, now, that is unexpected?  "loads raw files" isn't specific enough, neither is "they load correctly".

Usually the generic term RAW can be used interchangeably with the specific extension for raw files in the camera, in this case ORF, so RAW and ORF mean the same thing.  Is this not the case with the TG-5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have (and enjoy!) a TG-5.  If I understood the question better I would be happy to see if I could duplicate the anomaly. 

That said, my normal workflow is to import everything and then use the Previous Import collection to quickly get rid of any junk.  It takes less time than trying to review the Import previews. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am shooting in RAW only.  When I plug in the camera via the USB port, rather than seeing preview images of the photos, I see just the word ORF, over and over again.  With other cameras, I see thumbnail previews prior to the actual import, enabling me to "uncheck"any of the images that are clearly not suitable for further processing.  Since this behavior is only for the Olympus TG5, I was curious if:

1. do others see only the word ORF - over and over again - rather than an actual preview when importing via the USB cable

2. Any idea if/when this will be fixed?

I had the same problem when using the perpetual license version and was told to upgrade to the pay forever version - doesn't seem completely fair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on Windows 10 and Lightroom CC.  I set my TG-5 to RAW only and shot a few images.  With the camera off, I plugged it in with the Olympus cable and a USB menu shows up on the camera.  The first choice is Storage and I selected that.  I opened LR in the Library module and pressed the Import button.  I saw preview thumbnails with the ORF names in each frame.

So, I can't confirm that anything is wrong.  It is the opposite.  It functions the same as if I had removed the card and put it in the card reader. 

On your system, what happens when you use a card reader?  What USB menu choice are you picking on the camera when you plug it in?

Regarding the "told you to upgrade", if it was recent, you may be able to get it canceled with a refund.  Contact Adobe Customer Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines