• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon D850 Import images failed

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came back from a quick session and tried to import my images.

I started with updating LR, and after that the first couple of images worked just fine to import.

But a couple of them just won't import?

The raw files can be opened in "Windows Photos", but not imported into LR?

One of the files: Dropbox - 850_0327.NEF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This file won't import in anything for me. It might be corrupt. 21MB is too small for a raw file from a D850 which should be more like 40MB. How did you import this file onto your computer? Be absolutely sure to not use any Nikon downloader software as it tends to corrupt nef files if the software is not the very latest version. Much better to use Lightroom directly or to use built-in software in your operating system.

The fact that Windows viewer shows the file preview doesn't mean it is not corrupted by the way. What it shows you is a jpeg preview that is built-in to the raw file - not the actual raw data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't notice the smaller file size, that might be the issue.

I did a standard move from xqd -> Windows fs.

Will try to recover the files from the memory card, to see if that's the case, or if the camera/xqd card broke down mid-shoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file did open ok in Nikon ViewNX-i.

It looks like Lightroom may not support D850 DX raw mode files, not sure if it would support the sRaw and mRaw files either.

Did not see anything regarding this in the Adobe Camera Raw supported cameras info page, I suspect like other cameras the additional support will come in a next release?

-BH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first half of the files worked fine, and I did not change any monumental setting during the shoot.
So my guess is that either the camera failed, the memory card failed or the transfer failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BH might be right that Lightroom doesn’t support dx mode shot raw files from this camera yet. Did you shoot with a dx lens or in dx crop mode? If so it could be a bug or overlooked support mode in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No big surprise, but Camera Raw 10.2 won't open it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same problem at the moment. My file is a DX Raw Large file (34.0MB )and won't import in Lightroom or open up in Photoshop.

What happened was

I was shooting 120fps, finished, turned off the camera. A few minutes later I got a photo lined up, turned on the camera, forgot the switch to photo mode(switch on back of camera), and used Live View to take the photo (it was low to the ground). So because I was both using LV and in Movie mode, it gave me the DX Large Raw file I mentioned above.

I'll have to try NikonView NX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines