Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparency not working at all

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I've had an issue for a long time, and its really been bugging me. Every once and awhile, my computer bugs the brush tool in PCC while I'm using it to draw, and disables the brush transparency property under my brush preferences.

Honestly, I cant for the life of me figure out what it is. I've reset my preferences. Nope, nothing. I've tried every forum online. No one has this problem apparently.

Finally, Ive bought a much better up to date laptop to work on for photoshop.

Nothing seems to work. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm beginning to believe its my tablet. Weird thing is that my eraser property works but not the brushes property.

My tablets a Wacom intuous medium PTH - 651

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Yes, but my brush was acting extremely slow at the time and was engaged in a normal way for me i.e - I know its limitations and was using the brush in a way I normally do.

Within the past day, as in I solved this problem yesterday morning and worked awhile with my brush throughout the day, this glitch has occurred 5 more times, and I now know exactly what causes it.

The default blender brushes for photoshop, as in Kyle's paint blends, come equipped with their own unique individual settings as of t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't really told us anything here - vague info not backed up by proper technical details liek system info, exact settings etc. isn't useful to anyone.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to  your Brush Setting Transfer that can be controlled and set various ways? Brush Paint Opacity.....

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I’m definitely talking about the brush transparency setting in the brush presets manager.

As for preferences and photoshop settings, if you would’ve LIEK read what I had written before, there completely default as I’ve reset my preferences on photoshop as well as the individual brush tool.

This isn’t a computer issue because I’ve switched computers twice and it happens on both of them, one of them being my month old laptop.

It’s either a photoshop issue or a tablet issue. I was kinda wondering if anyone had this issue with a Wacom tablet before and would have a solution already...

But if I assume incorrectly then this will be a good resource for people who do have this problem in the future.

If you want something from me then ASK for it specifically please

Thank you

Wilder-King was here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a bug you need to track down what triggers the bug to bite. You wrote " Every once and awhile, my computer bugs the brush tool in PCC while I'm using it to draw, and disables the brush transparency property under my brush preferences."

You need to pinpoint the trigger the bug to bite. We know the bug bites while you drawing with  a brush.  I also imagine you have many brushes and brush presets. Do all your brushes and brush preset get bitten? You wrote PCC do all Create Cloud Photoshop versions bite you CS6, CC, CC 2014, CC 205, CC 2015.5, CC 2017 and CC 2018?  Do you add third party add-one to Photoshop? You need to be a PI.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly certain it has something to do with my pen or tablet. This issue would have a solution if its a software issue with adobe.

Not all my brush presets get bites, only transparency. The brush also moves EXTREMELY slow when this glitch has occurred. I happened to be working quite quickly with my brush tool last, as in I was using quick strokes, and the tool glitched out on me. I make it a point not to install third party plugins for Photoshop as it only causes processing issues in my experience.

As for the brush I noticed this on, well I made it and its not a third party brush at all. Strange thing is its properties work on the eraser tool but not the brush tool.

Maybe its the pen settings? I have windows ink tuned on for my tablet because without it the pressure doesn't work, but with it on it does.

I don't own a reliable copy of any other versions of Photoshop, my laptop is solely for Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brush lag can easily be cause by poor brush settings like setting brush spacing to 1% and zooming out so a stroke is painting millions of pixel.  Create a 30000x30000px canvas select a large tip wet brush zoom all  the way and stroke across the canvas Photoshop will likely take an hour or more to render that stroke on your display.  I do not paint much mostly only paint on layer mask.   B|W in overlay mode.  Use my Intuos Pro on my workstation and my surface pro 3.  I have not update my Wacom driver is some time for I do not have any problems that I know of. the driver  I have installed is

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I think I've solved my problem. My brush presets are normal again for my brush.

Adobe should really make sequence shortcuts optional and by default disabled. I think that's what happened as I determined it was my settings file that was somehow screwed up.

Word of caution for anyone who finds this thread:

Don't know what I did to screw up my brush tool, but it had to do with quick marks with my pen so be careful when doing said actions.

Always delete your settings file through CCD (Creative Cloud Desktop), doing it through the .exe file will not work correctly, and resetting your preferences on exit wont do it either)

I noticed something that I neglected to mention before and for that I am sorry. The brush adjusters at the top of the screen (don't know the official name, but the area where you can adjust things like brush flow at the top of screen) had changed from opacity and such to "Wetness, Dryness, and Color continuity, as well as a clean your brush option." Maybe that had something to do with it?

I don't know or care, I'm just glad I fixed it. For now I'm going to look into the ability to disable sequential commands -> example of a sequential command being: press space 5 times to bring up sticky keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but my brush was acting extremely slow at the time and was engaged in a normal way for me i.e - I know its limitations and was using the brush in a way I normally do.

Within the past day, as in I solved this problem yesterday morning and worked awhile with my brush throughout the day, this glitch has occurred 5 more times, and I now know exactly what causes it.

The default blender brushes for photoshop, as in Kyle's paint blends, come equipped with their own unique individual settings as of the last PCC update. These settings, however, are not optimized in a way that allows steady workflow between other brushes, because whenever you switch between Kyle's Blender brushes and another brush of any kind. the blender brushes unique settings don't turn off and instead transfer over to the brush you are switching to.

Here's where I hit the nail on the head: None of photoshops default blender brushes allow transparency as a brush property, and because their settings had transferred over to my main sketching brush, its properties were very mixed which included no transparency.

I have a theory that the reason my brush was moving so slow was that both sets of properties, both the blender brush presets and my current brushes presets, had loaded in on top of each other and the brush was trying to load all the different effects of both brushes with each stroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm bad with hammers I often miss hitting a nail on its head.  Hammers are hard to use you have to keep banning away to sink that nail.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first step to solving any problem is admitting the problem exists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines