• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Borders

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regrettably it seems that I was too hasty in celebrating what I thought were good answers to my previous question on this topic!

I now find that, although I am able to create them on screen, the borders are not printing properly. I am finding, for example, that they appear on three sides but one side is missing. Confusing also is that the missing side does not always seem to be the same one!

A further oddity is that the print setting box is sometimes showing portrait orientation notwithstanding the fact that landscape has quite clearly been selected!

These problems have emerged only since my installation of the latest PS update. I'm beginning to think that I need to try something different - Capture One maybe...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you need to start a second thread on this topic? Black borders   Capture one is a raw editor. The print driver is also involved it  communicate to Photoshop your printer settings.  Are the setting in the printer settings and Photoshop's print dialog both set to landscape? The action I posted will add black canvas on all 4 sides the same size.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put it down to ignorance as to the best way of using the system - of which I have no previous experience.

Yes, insofar as I can see everything is set to landscape and, as I mentioned, I did not encounter any such problems until I installed the latest update.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often users miss some things and if they post more detailed like screen captures use here may see things the you may have missed.  The more information you provide the better equipped and experiance users here will be able to help. Its not that Photoshop does not have bugs it definitely does have bugs.  Users here will be able to tell you if its a bug or if you need to do something to get the results you want.

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok - thank you.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines