• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image window won't resize after update

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last Photoshop CC update the image window will not resize to fit when Cropping, Resizing image, or Changing canvas size. If I zoom in or out it will resize to fit the change. If I Undo the the previous change the image resizes inside the window that doesn't resize.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Did you reset your preferences so your current ones that may be corrupted are deleted?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting photoshop tools and if the does not fix the problem your Photoshop preferences. Crop seems to work correctly on windows 10 Creator's edittion with CC 2018.1

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, Sorry, I don't use forms but its my only option here. I am running Mac OS 10.12.6 Sierra. I've tried reseting tools. Ive been through the preferences. I've disabled the GPU and reset it. I'm afraid this is a bug that won't resolve without another update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset your preferences so your current ones that may be corrupted are deleted?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Since Photoshop CC 2018.1 (and 2018.1.1) the window won't resize (Mac OS 10.13.3). It drives me insane.

@JJMack: Yes, I reset my preferences.

Original Image (2000x2000)

Bild1.png

Resize to 150x150 – The window size stays the same.

Bild2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I don't use the fullscreen mode and the 19.1.1-Update won't fix anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not us a Mac. If you havs a 2000x2000px and resize it to 150x150  and these floating image woindows are what you see CC 19.1.1 has an installation problem one you mac.  I have never seem Photoshop mess up like this.

In you screen captire it look like  state  You have a 2000x2000 px image but CC 19.1.1 is displaying a 700px x700px document zoomed to 50%  shown by the floating windows info,rulers and no scroll bar slider sliders.  Info shows zoon 50% rulers show 700x700 not 2000x2000 and the 700x700 fits in the wondow.

Then you resize the document to 150x150px  but CC 19.1.1 resized it to 50px x 50px shown in the floating wondow  info shows zoom 50% Rulers show 50px by 50px not 150x150

If

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My rulers shows millimeters, not pixels. 2000x2000px or 705,56mm x 705,56mm @ 72dpi.

I can provide another example.

500x500 pixels

500x500.png

Resize window:

Dialog.png

result:

1000x1000.png

Resized to 1000x1000px, now with beautiful scrollbars and no change of window size at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is the window relative to you display display area   it will not change if it is fitted to the display and the image will not fit.  I use windows and for your problem you use post full screen captures not partial. Is what you post wrong I can not tell

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a lot of display space... (I prefer the view without application frame, in case you wonder why you see Firefox)

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-22 um 13.45.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use a Mac.  On Windows  there is no windows option to not display a windows window frame.   Do a small test Show the window frames and test to see if zooming will change window size.  See if the problem is related to this mac feature.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first screenhots were with application frame, the last without - It makes no difference.

Zooming aka hitting command plus or command minus will change the window size. But it's a pain in the neck to hit the key combo every time I resized a picture to get rid of the scrollbars and see the full image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out this problem.  I crop and the image goes to the right size but the window does not shrink like it use to you have to hit the command plus or command minus.  When you have a lot of images open this is a pain in the neck to do for every image.  It use to resize by itself.  If you have a step by step fix please share with me.

Thanks

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  I'm using an iMac with the latest version of Photoshop just installed (19.1.1).  When changing Canvas Size to something larger, the canvas itself changes size but the window does not.  So like others have said, I then have to Command + or - to get it fitted correctly.  This is majorly annoying but probably an easy fix (for someone who knows more than I do) to get this bug gone and have Photoshop working like it has in all previous versions.  PLEASE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad I found this so I know I'm not crazy. Same problem, Mac, brand new install, 19.1.3. Anyone figure this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Zoom Tool. Checkmark "Resize Windows to Fit".

Then when you crop an image the window should resize.

That's on my mid 2012 MBP running 10.13.4/19.1.3

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 9.25.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, @gener7, but that doesn't fix it. Mine was already set to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning on and then turning off the Application Frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, didn't work either. This is basically what it does:

Before:

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 12.08.03 PM.jpg

After:

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 12.08.20 PM.jpg

It happens with a crop, a resize, etc. And if you rotate, the image window doesn't rotate with it - it stays static. The whole mess is just incredibly annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have Open Documents as Tabs unchecked. Try checking it and see if the behavior changes when you uncheck Applcation Frame.

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 11.55.39 AM.png

And just in case:

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - I've tried with tabs and without. Does the same thing. I really do appreciate your trying to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried again with exactly those steps you recommend: Reset preferences to open as tabs. Close/Reopen photoshop. Opened image (as a tab). Turned off the application frame. Crop. Same thing. I'm thinking it has to be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even without rulers, does the same thing - I tried *so* many things before coming here to bug you nice folks!

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 2.16.01 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does adjust if I hit the green resize button - just never had to do that before...Of course, this is simply a nuisance issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines