• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set Artboard Size Preset

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to use several preset sizes that aren't available in the standard Artboard presets.  I have saved them as an Artboard Tool Preset but they don't seem to work.  Is it me or every time I want to use what I need as a standard artboard preset size that isn't provided by Adobe, I will need to manually set the artboard size?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on your preferences they should appear here:

artboardpreset.png

or here:

artboardpreset2.png

or here:

artboardpreset3.png

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I just figured out.  I need to create the new artboard size when creating a new document to save it as a preset to be available within the document for adding artboards later.  Otherwise it can not be saved.  It can only be saved on creation as a new document.  Strange way to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, and agreed. This is definitely a UX flaw in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to get rid of unused artboard presets from showing up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you're creating a new document and have the "Saved" list open, you can select a saved preset, and click the little trash/bin icon in the top right corner.

Screenshot 2019-07-31 at 16.14.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I am not referring to the home screen where at least the default presets are divided in categories.
In the drop down menu of properties bar, when I want to change an Artboard size to something else, I get the whole list, so I have to hunt to find the one I want. Just to reiterate I am talking about Illustrators DEFAULT Artboard presets. not user presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok I understand, but unfortunately I don't think it is possible, or at least I don't know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines