• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do some sequences never stay rendered?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have googled this in a few different ways.

I have a couple projects that will have clips appear red or un-rendered in the timeline. If I mark in and out and render that part of my sequence everything turns green, plays back smoothly, but once I make one small change to a clip in any capacity it turns red again. I assume this is happening because preview files were not created or were created on another computer and when I plug in the drive to my computer there are no files to access.

Without creating proxies how can I create preview files or fix this problem to allow for playback without rendering every time I change a clip?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Rendering make a new copy of that section of the timeline with and effects added burned in, so if you make any changes to either the length or any effects, the render files need to be remade.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendering make a new copy of that section of the timeline with and effects added burned in, so if you make any changes to either the length or any effects, the render files need to be remade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Richard - could you clarify a bit further?

Could I nest the whole sequence and then use the nested sequence? Or if I have effects on the clips should I nest those individual clips. In my current project all effects are directly applied to the clips, not adjustment layers, so I don't know how I could "burn in" those effects without exporting the sequence and re-importing which I don't want to do at the risk of losing quality.

I also am really after why this is happening to help avoid it as opposed to a quick fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you nest the clips and reuse the nest the new timeline will still need rendering.

Have a look at

Red, yellow, and green render bars and what they mean | Adobe Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have seen this article and understand changes that I make to a clip will make playback slower and show a red bar.

I just can't understand why some projects struggle to playback while others don't and on different computer systems the timeline will show as yellow instead of red. The other computer systems are either comparable in computer specs or my laptop which should have a harder time with playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

zachc87559267  wrote

The other computer systems are either comparable in computer specs or my laptop which should have a harder time with playback.

Comparable, but not exactly the same.   There are many factors that affect the need for rendering, including processes running in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any change that u made in your timeline needs RENDER again, this is normal,

since by minimum it is the change affects to all the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harold - but this doesn't happen on all projects. Sometimes clips turn yellow instead of red and you can playback. Do you know why this happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines